It's crazy to think that Summer is over now! Looking back, it's almost like it never happened but then I'll be walking on campus and randomly see someone from Aspen Grove and it's the best because it's a reminder that it really did happen. I really loved working there and am glad that I did it, but I am also excited to have moved on back to school and the normal routine of life. Here are some pictures from the Summer:
My lovely fellow arts and crafters and I: (Me, Amy, Kerri and Kate)
Every Saturday we as the staff performed an Opening Show for the guests at camp. This is the skit that I was in. It was called Yoga Lesson and it was pretty funny. We sat on people so that we looked really flexible.
We only had about 24 hours (if that) off each week so we would try to pack in the fun/relaxation. One weekend we went out to dinner and a carnival after. It was summer magical.
I turned 20! And it ended up being one of my best birthdays ever. I seriously felt the love. Thanks to all who made me feel so special!
Probably one of the coolest things about my job was that I got to teach to throw pottery at least twice a day. Although it was pretty stressful at times, it was a very cool experience and I was able to improve quite a bit. I guess the saying practice makes perfect is true. Not only was it cool to throw pottery, but it was way awesome to do it on a bridge over the river.
These are the wheels we used. There was room for 6 students in the class and I would sit at that one in the middle and teach.
This is the view from the bridge. Pretty awesome if I do say so myself. It's the perfect place for some creative inspiration.
Kate, Amy and I with some of our different creations:
Opening the kiln was always exciting because you never knew what you were going to find. For example, I opened it to discover that a fish had fallen on top of the ice cream cone and they were welded together so it made a fish ice cream cone! We thought it was pretty hilarious, but the customers wanted a refund so we got to keep it. I'd say it ended up being a win win situation :)
Another favorite thing from this Summer was getting to live in such a beautiful setting. I loved waking up in the morning and feeling the crisp air and seeing the golden light from the sun as I walked out of my cabin. There were also nice hikes to go on. Here are some views from Stuart Falls, which is a good run.
The moon and stars were incredible up in the mountains. I took advantage of the star gazing and saw multiple shooting stars that were incredible. Definitely one of the things I'll miss the most.
I went to the play Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with the Wheatleys and it was awesome! I grew up watching that movie so I loved hearing all of the songs and seeing the dancing. It was up at the Sundance outdoor theater which made it even cooler.
Driving through the Alpine Loop is also incredible. I would highly recommend it. There are some great views.
I went to Alissa's family's ranch with her and rode horses and it was also magical.
Me and my new love Ranger.
This is where we had church every Sunday for the Summer. I'll miss that as well. Having church outside in such a pretty setting is an awesome experience.
I got to hang out with family, which is always the best.
And I made some wonderful friendships. That's probably the best thing about the Summer. Now I have 80 more friends and we all share a special Aspen Grove bond.
Thanks for a great time AG! (That's my cabin in the background)
Now I'm back at school and ready to start the next chapter of my life. It's been great to be reunited with old friends.
So long sweet Summer.











Thanks for posting the pics! What a great summer... sure love you!
ReplyDelete