I can't believe that Christmas is already over! Time has really flown. Break was wonderful because I got to go HOME! It was the first time I was home since May. We Livingstons like to party hard and this break was no exception. We started it out with going to The Hobbit because Emily had just finished the book. We all really enjoyed it.
I got glasses over the break. Both for reading and for distance. He told me I'd probably grow out of the reading ones but while I'm in school and reading a lot he thought that they were a good idea. The distance ones are helpful for in class. I had no idea that things were so blurry before I got them.
We decorated the Christmas tree
Emily and I are twins
I discovered this wig in Jessie's suitcase and obviously we had to take some pictures. Max included. #wighairdontcare
For Emily's birthday we went to American Girl like we did last year. It was a great experience like last time with a few more laughs. Hopefully Jessie told the story on her blog. It's pretty hilarious.
Birthday girl!
Girls and their dolls
On Christmas Eve we all got in our matching PJs and had fun making sugar cookies for Santa and we read and sang about the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. It was great.
Matthew is so great a stirring cookie dough
Max loves me and Christmas
The fam in our PJs
Christmas day was wonderful. We woke up and opened gifts then lounged around most of the day enjoying each other's company and eating delicious food. That night we went to see the National Christmas Tree. It was much better looking than last year.
The next day we went to see the musical White Christmas at the Kennedy Center. It was awesome!! I absolutely loved it. The actors were great at everything and it followed the story of the movie really well. We even got to join in singing at the end. Pretty cool.
I got to have a fun girls night with these lovely ladies. We went to Georgetown for dinner and dessert, which included Serendipity frozen hot chocolate. Delicious.
The girls went to Zoo Lights one night and it was so much fun! I would highly recommend it to people in the DC area at Christmas time. All of the lights were very cool and you could see some of the animals indoors.
Lots of baking went down. Including this baby pie. I love the idea of making individual pies for people, so I think I will be doing this more in the future.
We all went in to see the Monuments on New Years Day despite it being freezing cold. I love the monuments and never get sick of seeing them.
They finally finished the reflecting pool! It looks so beautiful.
That night we celebrated the new year with great decorations and a sea food feast.
As you can see it was delicious!
Happy 2013!!!!
My mom and I ventured out to the garage to do some letterpressing. My mom is always prepared.
The Thursday before I left Jessie, my mom and I went into DC to see some art museums. We hit up 4 museums in one day. It was fantastic. We went to the National Gallery, the East Wing, The Hirshhorn and where Whistler's Peacock Room is. It was a perfect day, especially because I got to spend it with 2 of my favorite ladies.
Friday night was my last one in Virginia before coming to school so I got to decide the evening's activities. Yet again we went into DC. I couldn't resist. It seriously is one of my favorite places on earth. We first went into Georgetown for dinner at the Tacklebox (delicious sea food). Then we had dessert at Pie Sisters, which had some delicious individual pies to eat. We finished off the evening at the Jefferson Monument. Nothing is quite like going to the monuments at night. They are so beautiful and it's fun when they aren't super crowded. The Jefferson is exceptionally beautiful.
It was such a great break from school to come back home and it was so nice to just spend time with family doing things that we love all together. There isn't anything more I could ask for. Thanks for the great trip family! I cherish the memories we have together. Can't wait for the time when we'll all be back together again.

















It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great to have you home! love you!!!!
ReplyDelete