Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bountiful

This weekend the roommates and I went up to Bountiful to spend Friday night at Kelsi's house. We were welcomed by her wonderful family with delicious fajitas that kels' mom had made us. We then went to Nielsen's Frozen Custard for dessert. It was delicious! I hadn't been to Nielsen's in a long time and a cookie dough chocolate custard concrete was overdue. 


We obviously loved it.



After a great food, company and conversation at Nielsen's we went back to kels' house to get ready for our sleepover. We got in our pj's and put in the movie Music and Lyrics for us to fall asleep to. It was great. I always have a blast with these ladies. 


We spent almost all of Saturday lounging around, eating yummy breakfast, painting our nails and watching movies. It was just what the doctor ordered. We all loved having the time to spend together and to just relax from our busy schedules. Kelsi's family is also so fun to talk to and they were so kind to host us for the weekend. It just felt so good to be in a home and to get away from Provo. 

At around 4 we got ready for the day and headed to India Palace, where Kelsi worked over the summers, to get some good authentic Indian food. (Kels is 1/4 Indian btw, even though you might not ever guess it from looking at her. Her grandpa is from India and he came to study at BYU, joined the church and married a girl from Denmark). The food was delicious and the workers were so kind to us. They all love Kelsi. 


This mango drink is to die for! It is soooo good!


delicious little desserts.




I seriously cannot express how much I love these girls and how grateful I am to have them in my life. I don't think it was any coincidence that we all moved in together this year. It was so fun to get away for a quick weekend trip, eat good food, relax and spend time together. I can't believe that we're already half way through this semester. Time really does fly when you're having fun!



3 comments:

  1. so glad you had a nice get-a-way! what a great joy to have such wonderful roomies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend was the best! Thanks for posting! P.S. I am glad we are all best friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that ice cream. Also, I always thought that Kelsey was native american when you said she was part indian. oops. haha.

    ReplyDelete