Monday, May 30, 2011

Livingston Letterpress

First of all, let me introduce a new member of the Livingston family...Oliver, or more affectionately known as Ollie. This press turned 100 years old this year and we are happy to call him family now. My wonderful mother became interested in letter pressing last year and we invested in a small hand-operated press. A few months ago we upgraded to Ollie who is equipped with a foot treadle that makes pressing a heavenly experience. I relate it to doing a stair stepper, and I can feel it working the hips into shape.


Here is the foot treadle in progress...


Isn't he just the coolest?


Not only does Oliver look and sound super stylish, but he creates such cool things...including Greg and Melissa's wedding invitations! My mom and I have enjoyed creating some awesome projects since I've been home this Summer. I am definitely glad that Ollie joined the family and I can't wait to do some more projects!




No comments:

Post a Comment