I finally took pictures of all of my ceramic pieces that I made this past semester. I had ceramics for the first block so it was from the beginning of September until mid October.
The first day of class we made spoons out of porcelain. They were fired at a cone 10, which means that they are food safe so I could actually use them. They aren't super practical though, I was going for more aesthetics and a progression from a simple baby spoon to a ladle.
Man Made Project: We had to recreate an object that was man made. I decided to try to make something that I love to make and have made in real life out of clay to see how the process would be different. I made a pie.
I made each individual apple and connected them and laced the crust on top.
It even opens up so I can put things inside. Unfortunately it is not food safe, but it'll be cool to just have around.
Organic Project: We had to make a sculpture that felt organic, so this is how mine turned out.
I sprayed the glaze on with an airbrush, which was a cool new technique to learn.
Basic Shapes Project: I had to create a bunch of hollow pillow and tube shapes and then connect them in an aesthetically pleasing way. I like how it turned out looking like bones.
Final Project: I had to incorporate things I had done before and things that I liked from other people's sculptures. I like the delicate folds from another girl's sculpture so I used that idea and I carved deep into them to give it texture. It has lots of pretty detail when you see it up close.
This class proved to me yet again how much I love ceramics.










Love seeing your work! I hadn't heard about the porcelin spoons and they are way cool!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing your work Megan- VERY cool!
ReplyDelete