Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Genre: Installation

 I'm in a New Genre class this semester and it is an awesome class! We deal with "new" types of artwork like installation, sound, performance and video. My first project was an installation project that I decided to use printmaking in. I created 9 different aquatinted intaglio plates that I printed around 35 prints from. This is what my hand looked like about halfway through the printing process...ink everywhere. I love it though :)


Here are what the 9 different prints look like. They are all very simplistic and abstracted representations of things that we see everyday. For example, the mountains, tree bark, sidewalk, the blinds, an iphone, and the moon.


Then I strung all of the prints on white string and hung them from the ceiling to create a space that the viewer could walk through to see all of the prints. I wanted to create an aesthetically pleasing installation that was about the process and time it took to create it. 





It took a lot of time and work but I really enjoyed doing it. Printmaking is so fun! I love it!

1 comment:

  1. love it! wish i could have experienced it personlly! love the tiny prints! fun idea!

    ReplyDelete