I decided over the Summer that I wanted to serve a mission when I turned 21, which would be the next Summer. When the announcement was made for the age change, my plans didn't change much other than I could leave a little sooner after the Winter semester ended. I worked on getting all of my papers in over Christmas break and then I had my paper submitted on January 20th. I received word that my call had been assigned on January 25th, so I was expecting for it to come on the 30th. Greg and Liss came down to Provo with this awesome cake that looked like a missionary tag on Wednesday night. Unfortunately my call didn't come, but we still enjoyed the cake.
I obviously loved it.
I hoped that my call would maybe come on Thursday and my hopes were dashed yet again. At that point I decided to stop having any expectations that the call would come. Turns out that when I came home from school on Friday around 3, I looked in the mailbox and saw this:
My call had come!! I called my mom and told her that it was here and that I would call back the family after I had opened it. I ran upstairs into my room (I was home alone) and I opened my call. I read it out loud standing next to my bed. This is what it said:
Dear Sister Livingston:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of LAtter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Korea Daejeon Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
I was so shocked when I read the word Korea that I simultaneously started crying and laughing at the same time. I never would have guess that I would go to Korea. The Lord knows what He's doing though, and I trust that this will be an incredible experience for me. I'm excited to teach the people in Korea the gospel of Jesus Christ. I leave on May 29th to go into the MTC.
I then spent the next few hours calling people and telling people where I had been called. My family was excited and it was a blessing that I got to skype Jessie right after I got my call. I'm feeling so blessed and excited to have this opportunity to serve and I can't wait to see what lies ahead.




so excited for you!!!!! love you!!!!!
ReplyDelete