Hello all!
We had a great week here!! The highlight was definitely General Conference!! I love getting to hear from our dear Prophet and apostles. I know that they are called of God and share inspired messages. I felt like everyone was super straightforward in their talks and I just felt the need for each of us to individally prepare for the future...especially spiritually. We need to make sure that our testimonies are firm in the gospel and that we go to the source of all truth, our Heavenly Father, if we are to ever have any doubts or questions. I especially loved Elder Eyring and Elder Bednar's talks. Elder Bednar's talk is what I want to tell all of our investigaors. We honestly are just trying to share what has made us happy and what we believe will make us all happy and better people. Thankful to take part of it as a full time missionary and also a member missionary when I get back home.
Our investigators are doing well...there are about 5 people that really have a lot of potential to continue to progress and be baptized...they just need some time I think. There is the 13 year old girl who we are teaching and this past week we asked her mom for permission for her to be baptized and she didn't say no...but she definitely didn't say yes either. We are praying and fasting for Sister Hawm's heart to be softened. But it's exciting to see the potential and see people progressing. There is a 16 year old girl who's aunt is a member and she came to one session of conference on saturday. She is awesome!! And then the parents of a member in our ward and a referral from another lady in our ward. So we are trying to work a lot with members to make this happen :)
We had to send out testimony to the APs this week because they are making a Christmas present with all of the missionarie's testimonies...here is the testimony that I sent. I figured you would enjoy reading it as well:
Over the course of my life and especially my mission I have learned many precious truths. Most of the time they are hard to explain with words because these truths come only through the Holy Ghost "which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy" (D&C 11:13). These are things that I have come to learn and feel through experience and study. I know that Heavenly Father blesses us with witnesses from the Holy Ghost so that we can come to know these precious truths for ourselves. One precious truth that I have gained a witness of on my mission is about love. I have come to know that love is sacrifice. Our Heavenly Father loves all of His children so much that He wants us to become like Him--but it would take sacrifice on all of our parts. Heavenly Father sacrificed His Son for us to return back to Him (John 3:16). Jesus Christ sacrificed His life--He sacrificed His will by not only dying for us, but by living a perfect life for us (Romans 5:10-11). The atonement is the greatest of all sacrifices--the greatest expression of love. We in turn have been commanded to love, which means we must sacrifice. I have come to know that sacrifice is painful and hard, but it's worth it. God requires that we sacrifice our will to follow His because He loves us enough to see our potential and what we can become, if we will follow Him. "[God] hath filled me with his love even unto the consuming of my flesh" (2 Nephi 4:21). I have felt God's love to the extent that it makes me want to be a better person--to overcome my "natural man" tendencies. I know that we can do that through the atonement of Jesus Christ. His atonement is an enabling power that allows us to turn our weaknesses into strengths (Ether 12:27). I know that because of Christ's sacrifice and love, I too can sacrifice, repent and love. I am so thankful! I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much and He knows us individually. He will require us to do hard things because that sacrifice will in return exalt us. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His church and it was restored through Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon is true. It fills me with hope! (Romans 15:4) Christ's love and sacrifice is real. I love Him and I share these things in the name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen.
I love you all!!! thank you for your love and support!! see you in like 9 weeks :)
Love
Sister Livingston
pics with our recent convert sister Song and my old companion sister lee came back to visit us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment