Hello!!!
We had a good week here...it was busy...filled with lots of travel, but good nonetheless^^
I had MLC this week and it was in Gwangju this time, so I got to go back to gwangju again this week, but first we went to Cheongju so we could meet up with some other sister missionaries to travel together and our companions stayed in the area, so the sister leaders just went down for the meeting...it takes about 2 1/2 hours to get to gwangju from where we were, so we took a bus down there and then went to the MLC meeting where we talked about how to help missionaries and make our mission even better and able to reach our goals. It was a good meeting. Always love getting to see President and Sister Shin. We went back to meet our companions and then Sister Ha and I made it back to our house at like 10:30 Tuesday night. On wednesday and thursday we did our normal missionary work...met with members and investigators. We have some awesome members in our ward that have been so good at helping with referrals and lessons and things like that...so grateful for them!! Just like I'm sure the members in your wards are super grateful for you all :)
Then On Friday we had combined zone meeting, so two zones met together in Cheong ju (about an hour west of where I am serving) and it was a really good meeting. There were 2 doctors that are serving in the asian area with their wives that came and spoke to us about staying healthy physically and mentally as missionaries. I love senior couples...they are always the sweetest and so kind. They always make sure to come up and give us a big hug, which is sometimes just what a missionary needs :) President Shin also spoke about the importance of our companionship unity and loving our companion. It was really good. I'm sure grateful for all of the companions that I have had and that I have now. Sister Ha is the BEST!! We love serving together.
Then after the zone meeting I went on a split to Seosan area with one of the sisters there and her companion came to cheonan with my companion. It was really fun. I always enjoy getting to see another area and to learn from other missionaries. So I got back to cheonan on saturday night. It was lots of travel this week, but good.
We had an investigator come to church yesterday that I feel really good about. She is 16 years old and her aunt is a member in our ward. We plan to meet her on saturdays to help her with english and to teach her the lessons. Her name is Hayree, so you can pray for her.
We also visit this less active woman in our ward that has 2 daughters and they are sooo cute!! they are 6 and 8 years old. Their mom isn't really in a state that she is capable of taking care of them by herself, so we will often visit and help them study and play with them and sing hymns with them. We want to help the older one prepare to be baptized when her birthday passes. But they are such sweet girls. Whenever they pray at the end of our visit I can just feel their tender love for their family and us. It is a blessing to get to help them. I will try to send somepics of them because they are sooo cute :) Their names are dajeong and dahee.
I'm excited to watch general conference this week!!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment