I'm in a figure drawing class this semester and I've really been enjoying it. I've never taken a figure drawing class before, or really ever drawn the figure in an observational way, so it has definitely taken some getting used to and lots of practice. It's cool to see the improvement, though. At the beginning of the semester we started off with very quick gestural drawings, ranging from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Here's an example of a quick 2 minute gesture drawing:
We then moved on to longer drawings and some subtractive drawing as well to get different values and shading. Here are examples of some 10 minute drawings:
Last week we did our first large-scale drawings and they took the full 3 hours of class. It's crazy how time goes by so quickly in the class. We draw for 20 minutes then take a break so the model can move around a bit and then we get back to drawing again. These are 22x30 inch drawings.
It's cool to see how much I've improved from the beginning and how I am much better at figuring out proportions just after some practice. This is my last drawing that I did. I think it turned out pretty well.




Great work!
ReplyDelete