Monday, November 11, 2013

Week 24

Hello family!!!!
 
Thanks for telling me about the storm in the Philippines...I honestly had no idea that that happened. I am so glad to hear that Sister Anderson is doing okay. I will definitely be praying for them! Sounds like you all had great weeks though! It's starting to get really cold here now so I am on the hunt for some warm tights and boots. I'll probably just buy them here sometime soon. Last night we didn't have any appointments so we were just walking around trying to talk to people on the street about the Book of Mormon and our English program and it was pretty chilly...can't wait until it starts snowing haha.
 
This past week was good. nothing too big or crazy happened but it was a good week nonethe less. We met two new investigators that are interested in learning English so we are doing our 30 30 program with them. I just pray that when we teach about our church they will feel the spirit and realize that they want to learn more and can have the desire to follow the example of our Savior. We are meeting with a woman tonight, her name is Han Tay Young. She wants her kids to practice english with us but she was open to hearing about our church so we are going to teach her the first lessson tonight. Pray that it goes well! This past week we had a ward activity on Saturday night and it was really fun! There are 6 missionaries (2 sisters and 4 elders) in our ward and we all did a skit...I never thought that I would be acting, especially in Korean on my mission haha. I was pretty scared, but it went well. We did a funny little skit about a missionary getting a call to korea and then a member introducing their friend to the church and they decide to get baptized and then the missionary wrote a letter to their mom telling about how the mission has changed so many people's lives including the investigator, member and missionary. It was cute. I was the investigator. The activity went really well though. The purpose was for people to bring their friends and to introduce them to the church in a fun, no pressure way. We got 3 referrals from that night so I would say it was a success :)
 
As far as our investigators go... Jo un jeong (the artist) is doing well. She met with the stake president this past week because she has been going through some hard times and wanted to talk to someone about it. Also she is interested in going to BYU hawaii to do more studies. From what I have heard the meeting went really well. We met with her before the meeting and taught her a lesson. I invited her to pray at the end of the lesson and throughout the whole prayer she was crying. it was really tender. I could feel the spirit really strong. I hope that she can recognize that. When we met with her on Saturday she seemed kind of rushed so we weren't able to set her baptism date unfortunately....that's really what she needs is just to commit to baptism, but I think she doesn't want to completely change yet. We are praying a lot about what to do with her since she has received all of the lessons already. We don't really know what is next for her...we will see.
 
Jeong so jeong (the 14 year old) came to the activity on saturday and to church on sunday so that is awesome!!!! She is so funny. She loves my companion sister Park. She always wants to be right by her and talk to her. I am hoping that she will have the desire to come to church and learn about our church and kind of lead her family into learning more about out church. When we taught her and her mom the first lesson on thursday it went pretty well. We need to help them see how this gospel will help their family to be more happy eternally and make it really relevant to them.
 
We met Lim hyeon sook on Friday. She is a referrall from a member and she agreed to hear the lessons so we taught about God and prayer. She came to the activity on saturday with her daughter and we got her daughters contact infor so hopefully we can meet with her too.
 
We have been visiting members a lot and they all are so nice here! I really like this ward. it seems very unified and they really want to do missionary work...we just need to help them see how to do it I think.
 
Sister Park and I are working a lot better together this past week. It has taken some time to find our groove, but I am feeling a lot better about everything now. We have been doing a 40-day relay fast as a mission in order to be more unified and purified as a mission. It has been cool. We are scheduled to fast next week. But as we have been working together and trying to really communicate with each other things have gotten a lot better and we are on the same page about how we want to do missionary work.
 
I love you all soooooo much!!! So grateful that families are forever and that I get to share that with people :)
 
Love,
Sister Livingston
 
p.s. today is peppero day in Korea because it is 11/11 (Peppero are like pocky sticks, just the korean version) So happy peppero day!!! you should go buy some and eat them  in my honor :)
 
Also Pres Shin told us today that we will have a Christmas party on December 20th and for our packages from home to get here by then you should send them by Thanksgiving time. :)
 
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!



So we only had 40 minutes to email before so we are emailing again before our pday ends. But I wanted to tell you all that I have heard a report that Sister heo hyeon jeong got baptized!!!!!!!! She is the 31 year old woman that I was teaching in Daejeon with Sister Bell and she got baptized last sunday. YAY!!!! So happy for her and I feel grateful to have met her. She moved back to where her parents live in a different part of korea after the baptism and received the holy ghost in her new ward and I heard that the ward has been great at welcoming her already. I was sad to miss the baptism, but thankful I could be there to teach her and introduce her to the church with sister bell :) the church is true! love you all!!!
 
love
Sis Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment