Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 26


my comp and I matched in all polka dots one day

fashion show runway

Park yoo jin and I (one of the yw in the ward)


Hello dear family!!!!
 
First of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING this week!!!!!! Let me just say how thankful I am for each one of you in my life. That's one of the things that we always try to focus on when we teach is that because God loves us, one of the mist important things He gave us is our families. And how true that is!! I am so thankful for our family and the love that we have for one another. It's sweet to think of us all celebrating the same thing all over the world :) I am also super thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ and His atonement. I am thankful for the knowledge that I have of the Plan of Salvation and the guidance it gives me in my life. We have so much to be thankful for :)
 
This week was a good one :) We met with a lot of our investigators and we met a lot of new investigators that I'm really excited about. We met this girl named Choi Pa Da and she is 20 years old. She is a referral from the stake president. He knows her dad I guess. But she has come to church twice now and she is super nice!! We met last night and introduced ourselves and talked about why we personally chose to attend this church and how this church has blessed our lives. She was super receptive and she really liked our sacrament meeting. I think she is going to progress really well! And it is super refreshing to teach someone that just has gospel interest and not english interest that we are trying to convince to have gospel interest. Yesterday we also started teaching a woman named Beth. She is from the philippines and she is married to a korean man in our ward. That's a popular thing here in Korea i guess...lots of korean men marry philippino women. so I am teaching her in english...it's super weird to teach the lessons in english instead of korean. haha I don't really know what to do...but it will be good :) She grew up catholic and has pretty strong belief so she is going to need to have a some really good spiritual expereinces when we meet for the holy ghost to be able to testify to her, but I'm excited :)
 
Our other investigators are doing well. jeong so jeong (14 year old) came with us on Saturday to a young womens activity that the stake was having. It was kind of like a new beginnings activity, except it was project runway themed. Different wards all made an item of clothing or a hand bag and they had a fashion show/skit to display it. It was super fun! unfortunately jeon so jeong didn't love it as much as we did. She alwasy says that everything is too long...but she'll come around :) She came to church again on Sunday and we went to yw class with her and she was opening up more there. She said she will come to the yw activity that they are having on saturday too, so I'm happy about that.
 
Jo un jeong told us that she is starting to think about baptism now, whereas before she wasn't thinking about it at all, so that's a step in the right direction! I really want her to get baptized! But she is defintely someone that needs time.
 
Korean is still really hard, but I am trying my best and I just have to remind myself that it's okay to make mistakes and to take some time to gather my thoughts and things like that during lessons. This transfer is almost over!! next monday we will be getting our transfer calls again...crazy!! time is flying by! I have no idea what is going to happen this next transfer. I could definitely stay or maybe get transferred again...it will be interesting to see what happens. Love you all!! I'll send some pictures from the fashion show. I hope you all have a fantastic thanksgiving!! I love you all and am so thankful for you!
 
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment