Hello family!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm sure it will be a great day :)
I can hardly believe that it's already the middle of July!!! Hope you all are having a great summer!
It's been a good week here! It has definitely felt longer than a week. We have been super busy. I feel like I've been in this new area for a lot longer than a week by now. So as of right now in our mission a lot of missionaries are finishing their missions, but not that many new missionaries are coming, especially sister missionaries. So what might happen next transfer is that 2 sisters in our ward will leave and there will only be 2 sister missionaries left...we'll see. But right now my companion and I are kind of covering 2 areas. We are serving in the Cheonan ward and also the Onyang branch. So if the sister missionaries go down to only 2 next transfer we will be extra extra busy haha. It will be good though, whatever happens.
We spent a lot of time visiting members this week so I could introduce myself and get to know them so we can help them do missionary work and also strengthen them. It's always fun to visit members and learn about them and their families. We also met with investigators, especially Sister Song, who is getting baptized on August 3rd! We had a lesson with her and a member and reviewd half of the commandments. She is doing really well with the word of wisdom now. She stopped drinking so that's a miracle!!! And she brought her younger sister to church yesterday so hopefully we can start to teach her as well :) We also started to teach the wife of one of the elder's investigators and she is from the Philippines. We are going to have a lesson with her tonight and we are praying that it will go well. Her husband already has a baptismal date but is kind of waiting to see what his wife will do before he gets baptized. So if she will come to want to join the church then He will follow.
Yesterday we went on splits with the other sisters in our ward so that Icould go to the onyang branch and introduce myself there while Sister Lee was with our investigators in Cheonan ward. I LOVE the onyang branch. There are only about 30 people that come, but they are all so loving and strong. They love the missionaries too, so it was fun to be there.
The area that I'm serving in now is super big and there are lots of country parts in it so it's fun! But there are also really city parts as well. Korea country is super super pretty! there are lots of rice fields and mountains. I like it a lot.
We had zone conference this week and President Shin asked all of the missionaries leaving before January to meet with him and sign saying that we will continue to work hard until the end of our mission. IT was super weird to realize that this will be over before I know it! So thankful for this experience. It's definitely not easy by any means, but it's worth it. Feeling blessed :)
I love you all!! Hope you have a great week! Thanks for being the best family ever for the past 22 years of my life :)
Love
sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment