in the field of korean flags!!
museum building
love korea!!
jumping pic!
With Sister Song ^^ she got me a birthday present
pics from my birthday!!!
Hey hey hey!!
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes!!! It was a great day! I got a package from the family just in time to open it on my birthday and my companion/roommates made it a special day for me :) They surprised me in the morning after I got out of the shower with a birthday sign, walnut pie, icecream and some presents that they made for me. I will include some pictures. But it was the best!!! They are so sweet and it was a great day! Also I loved the package that you sent me! The shoes are sooo cute and comfy...just what I needed. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I also ate the traditional seaweed soup for breakfast that people always eat on their birthday in Korea. It's delicious. Also at English class that night everyone sang happy birthday to me so that was fun ^^... good day!
This week was kind of a crazy week...we got permission from our mission president to change our pday to wednesday so that we could go to the Korea Independence Hall that's in our area and it was soooo fun!! I will attach some more pictures from that as well. It was a really cool place with memorials and museums full of Korean history. It was really cool to learn about korean history, which helped me to understand the culture and people better. Korea was always kind of surpressed or in distress until they finally became independent in 1945 and then they had to advance in such a short amount of time to catch up with the rest of the world. So that's one reason why Koreans are always in such a hurry! So that was definitely the hightlight of the week!!
Other than that, we were busy meeting with investigators and members. Sister Song is still doing sooooo well! She brought her cousin to church yesterday so that was awesome! She's already a missionary! Her baptism is scheduled for August 3rd. She is probably one of the most prepared people to receive baptism that I've met/taught. Super amazing. She honestly didn't have any belief in God before meeting the missionaries, but after meeting with us she has come to believe in God and says that it's scarier to imagine not believing in God now. So excited for her to progress and hopefully lead the way for her family to receive the blessings of the gospel as well.
This week I've really felt the importance of just taking a moment to show kindness or love to someone. Sometimes I think as missionaries or just people, we get caught up in all that we have to do and sometimes we forget the small things that could really make a difference for someone else. Most of the time people just need someone to listen to them and give them a little hug or words of encouragement. Just like the quote that mom sent in my package...No act of kindness no matter how small is ever wasted. I know that Heavenly Father is pleased with every effort that we make to love or serve His children. And when we do that, everything else seems to work out. So I was thankful for that reminder this week.
Thank you all for all of your love and kindness!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment