we came to korea at the same time and were in the mtc together
saying goodby to Sister Eem and Brother Choi (he was the old ward mission leader who introduced his friend, Sis Eem, to the church and we taught her and she got baptized in April!)
In front of our church
With Sister Park and her mission call!!
My new companion, Sister Lee!!! and a delicious bing soo dessert :)
Hey family!!
This week has felt crazy long! It seems like it was forever ago that I was in nongseong ward. Time is a weird thing. But this week was busy with lots of packing, saying goodbyes, traveling and saying hellos! it's been really fun :)
Lets' see...
We had our last district meeting on tuesday and I all of the missionaries transferring had to bear their testimony before leaving (I was a mess!!) but it was good :) Then we went to visit members to for me to say goodbye and thank you before leaving. And we took some time for me to pack as well. After being there for 9 months, it took a little time for me to pack haha but it was good. I got it all to fit in my suitcases and just one little box extra.
Then on Wednesday also we visited a lot of people and had some last lessons with investigators before leaving. We met with Sister Jo (the artist) and it was an emotional goodbye with her. She is a very special person to me. We made plans to see each other again though, so it was a see you later rather than a goodbye :) We also went to visit Sister Park (20 year old girl in the ward that I always talked about and have been helpin gher prepare for her mission) and she had just received her mission call in the mail that day and hadn't opened it yet when we got there. We were soooo excited!! she wanted to wait to open it that night at the church with some friends, but her mom was so anxious to see where she was going that Sister Park went into her room, while her mom opened the letter and read where she was going and we got to see it too. We just had to promise not to say anything to her. Guess where she got called to?!?! Salt Lake City Temple Visitors Center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so so so happy!!! can't even describe it. Seriously an answer to prayers that I didn't even know I was praying. It means that I can still see her after my mission is over!!! I will defnintely be visiting the SLC temple often when I get back to visit her. We had some other appointments with investigators and members that night and then went home and finished cleaning everything up for the new sister to come.
Thursday we met some other sisters at the bust terminal, did some exchanges and I headed up to Daejeon to the mission home to meet my new companion!! My new Compainion Sister Lee is AMAZING!!!! I am so excited for this transfer!! it is going to be so good!! we spent a couple of days at the mission home because of meetings and such, but we headed to the new area, Cheonan, on Friday evening. The area is a lot bigger than my old one. There are super city parts and super country parts. Everything has gone really great so far. Love all of the people that I've met. One of our investigators has a baptismal date for August 3rd and she is absolutely amazing!! She is 25 and her name is Sister Song. She is so excited to be baptized and we planned with her at church yesterday all that needs to happen before her baptism. She loved to drink alcohol, but recently she has lost the desire to drink and she wants to make sure she is done drinking at least 2 weeks before her baptism. She also wants her family to come to her baptism and she prays and reads the book of Mormon diligently. I've never taught anyone like her before. She is a miracle!! so excited to help her on her path to baptism.
Everything is great here!!! I'm living in a 4 man house now, so it's pretty much a party all of the time! We are kind of covering 2 areas, Cheonan and Onyang, so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out. Thankful for this opportunity to serve in this new area and I have a really good feeling about this transfer. We are ready for some more miracles! I love you all!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment