so the buses were having a strike or something this week? not sure on that, but rather than the normal city bus, a nice charter bus came to the bus stop haha...wish the buses were always like that haha.
FHE!!!!
Hey family!!!
So today we got our transfer calls and guess what?! I'm being transferred!!! After serving here in the nongseong ward for the past 9 months I will be transferring to Cheonan, which is up north in our mission. (I've been in the south). My new companion is also named Sister Lee (Jeeyoo Lee). This next transfer is her last transfer before going home so we will be together for one and she can introduce me to the area and then when she leaves I'll take over :) This will also probably be my last transfer before going home as well, seeing as I only have 4 transfers left!! crazy!!!
I'm excited!!! But also feeling a little overwhelmed haha. I don't really remember how to transfer...it's been so long. And It will be sad to say goodbye to the members and people that I've been serving with here in gwangju. But it's exciting to think of meeting some new people to love :)
My brain is kind of on a buzz right now trying to think of all that I need to do before I leave, so I don't really remember what we did this past week haha.
We did meet a new investigator this week! She was a referral from a member that works at the church building and this woman came to visit the new church to see what it was and he explained some things about our church to her and she said that she wanted to meet with the missionaries, so he referred her to us. We met her this week and introduced ourselves and some about our church. And so we will keep meeting with her.
An interesting miracle happened this week!! So our investigator Sister Jo (the artist) that we've been meeting with for forever had a special experience this week. So she has been wanting her son (he's about 19) to meet the missionaries for forever, but he never would. But we had made plans to visit Sister Jo this week and make dinner together on Friday night. We were going to her house when we get a call from her saying that her son was sick and they were going to the hospital (let me just say here that koreans go to the hospital for everything and anything. It's super cheap here. people just check themselves into the hospital like it's no big deal. It's basically like going to the doctor in america). But she wanted us to still come to her house because she and her son were waiting outside the apartment for the ambulance (she doesn't have a car so they called an ambulance) Because she thought it was the perfect opportunity for us to finally meet her son. So we saw them get into the ambulance and she called us and told us to meet her at the hospital that was within walking distance. So we walked to the hospital and we got to meet her son haha. He was okay. He had just eaten something to make him sick. But it was a miracle! It was definitely not an expected situation, but it worked haha. So hopefully after meeting us once he will be more willing to come to church with his mom and such. We'll see.
Last night we had a fun family home evening activity at our ward relief society president's house with her family and the other sister missionaries in our ward. I'll send a pic of us with them. It was super fun!
Love you all!!! Glad that you all are having a good summer! HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!! I hope you all eat lots of watermelon and watch some good fireworks!!
Love you!
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment