Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 56


A member bought us chicken one night as we were walking home
I made deokk (rice cake) soup!!! it was pretty good :)

My cute companion with a delicious pat bing su (sweet bean ice dessert...soooo good!!)


We also made chap chae (noodle dish)



Hellooooo!!!!

Sounds like you all had big weeks this week...CONGRATS to Matthew and Emmy for graduation and to Greg and Liss on their anniversary and to Jessie for oficially oficially finishing school!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!! And am so thankful for you :)

Today we had a fun zone activity and all of the missionaries gathered at the new stake center and our mission president came because he still had some interviews to do so we played basketball and games and ate lunch together. It was way fun. In our mission activities are not allowed unless you recieve permission from the mission president, so it was really exciting to get to see other missionaries and have fun together. I got to see Sister Wadsworth (one of my mtc comps) and lots of other missionaries that were in the mtc with me so it was really fun to catch up with them.

We are still on the search for new investigators, but we had some miracles happen this week. We had an appointment to visit a member and eat dinner with her on Thursday evening, but before the appointment we decided that we would do some door to door proselyting at her apartment complex. We went up to the 15th floor and the first door we knocked on, opened her door and when she heard about our Englsih and gospel teaching program she invited us in right then to tell her more. So we went in and introduced ourselves and the church and our prgram and she decided that she wanted to do it!!! so we have a new investigator!!! She is a young mother of 2 and she wants us to help teach her daughter english and also learn more about our church!! This is the first time in my mission that someone has actually let us into their home from just knocking on random doors...it was a miracle!! we were way excited about it!

We also found some other new investigators, like a young college student who is korean but actually goes to college in hungary as a foreign student. So she wants to practice English and her mom thought it would be good for her daughter to learn more about church and God. She will be here for the Summer so we will be teaching her while she is still in Korea.

There is also a woman that met with missionaries a long time ago that called us again and says that she wants to meet and for us to teach her and her sons, so we are feeling blessed to have some new investigators to teach! A lot of them have English interest right now, but I pray that as they hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ that they will feel the spirit and have the desire to follow His example.

Last night at our FHE activity I was in charge of the activity and we played the oreo game...do you remember the oreo game mom, dad, matt and em?! It was hilarious!!! it's the one where you put an oreo on your forehead and you have to get it into your mouth just by moving your face. It was so funny to play with eveyone that came. I unfortunately couldn't take any pictures, but you can just imagine how funny it was. (ps you should try it haha) 

We had stake conference this week and Elder Whiting and Elder Jeong (from the 70) spoke to us. It was soooo good! One of our ward members, Sister Seo, wanted to take pictures of me in the new building to send to you all on facebook. She is so nice! Isn't the building gorgeous?! I feel so blessed.

We had interviews with President this week and he was telling me that he normally doesn't keep people in an area for more than 5 transfers, but I've been doing so well in my ward that he has kept me here for a 6th and who knows if I'll be here for a 7th? haha. next week is transfer calls so I'll let you know how it turns out :)

Life is good! I'm just feeling blessed to be here. As a zone this transfer we have been focusing our study on one principle of the doctrine of Christ a week and I have LOVED it. I have learned so much about what repentance really is and how making and keeping coventants with Heavenly Father is such a source of power and prepares us the return to His presence. I would challenge you all to try focusing on a doctrine of Christ a week as you study the scriptures. We started with the Atonement, then faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost and last of all, enduring to the end. I know that you will come to a greater understanding of how the conventants you have already made or that you will make can bless your life. It's the best!!

I love you all!!!! hope you have a great summer!!! I pray for all of you and am thankful for your prayers!

Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment