Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 62


before baptism with the ward and Sister Song


After baptism with the program

we had dinner after the baptism at our ward mission leader's house




Hello there!!
 
Fun to think that this week we are all spread around the world! I hope that you have a great time on your trips to Europe! Eat some chocolate croissants for me and Jessie and Mark please ;)
 
So the highlight of this week was definitely Sister Song's baptism...it was AMAZING!! Probably the most spiritual baptismal service I've attended yet. It seriously was so special. This week we spent a lot of time preparing for it and meeting with her to finalize the music and speakers. That's probably one reason why it was so special...everything we did was especially picked out just for her. So here's how it went down...
 
The missionaries that were teaching her before I came were my companion and Sister Jacklin, who happens to be one of my MTC companions. When Sister Jacklin got transferred out she got permission to come back for the baptism so it was really tender to get to share that experience with Sister Jacklin...we started the mission together and now we got to teach and help prepare the same investigator for baptism. But we didn't tell Sister Song that Sis Jacklin was coming, so she was so surprised and happy to see her at church. Sister Song's youngest sister, cousin and a few friends came to her baptism. Before the baptism she was super nervous, so we went into a little room before the service started and prayed together and then she could calm down. At the service she introduced herself and bore testimony. She has such a strong testimony!! It was really cool because she said that before she met the missionaries she didn't believe in God at all, but she can firmly say now that she knows that God lives and loves her. Her life has changed so much since she met the missionaries and I know that she will be such an amazing example for her family. There was a special musical nember by the primary children and it was the sweetest thing. We were all crying. And two members bore their testimonies especiall for her. (they were members that we had done lessons with). One of them even wrote a poem and read it for her. It was beautiful. Then before she went into the font, my companion and I were in the bathroom with her and she was feeling nervous, but we just gave her a hug. tender moment. She got baptized by the Elder who first talked to her on the bus and she got baptized twice because her elbow don't go all the way under the first time. But it was beautiful. She told us that she just felt really calm after the baptism and like she was starting anew. Then we (sister missioniaries) sang a song for her and a member of the bishopric spoke and I said the closing prayer. It was such a great service.
 
It was a happy day!!
 
It was raining yesterday when she got baptized. Made my thing of the "I like to look for rainbows" primary song about baptism. I love that song! had lots of experiences on my mission where I've been able to think about those lyrics..."I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again." It's simple and true. I want to live a clean life, do my best and return to Heavenly Father with my family. The gospel is so simple and ture. Love it.
 
I've been getting to know some members more, so that's been good! Life is good. Next week is already transfer week, so I am very interested to see how it wil turn out. Thanks for all of the love and prayers!! I love you all!!
 
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment