Sunday, November 6, 2011

Córdoba

We finally arrived in Córdoba at about 2:00...it was a long bus ride because we left at 8:00 that morning and only stopped once on the way there. I was happy to get out of the bus, especially when I got off to see this view...How gorgeous is that? Córdoba used to be the capital of Al-Andalus, which is what the Musulmanes called Spain when they were in control. That's why it has some arabic vibes. So pretty!


This is the Mezquita that has actually been turned into a Cathedral. They just built a cathedral right in the middle of it, but kept the columns from the mezquita. It's pretty cool. I love the columns with the red and white stripes because they remind me of candy canes :)



This street was super pretty because it was decorated with flowers and you can see the tower from the Mezquita in the background if you look hard.


During our free time, Kiersten and I got some frozen yogurt and wandered the streets.


Most pictures of Kiersten and I are of us eating...it's the best.


It was fun to literally get lost in Córdoba with Kiersten. We just wandered around the cute streets and took pictures and luckily found the tower so we could get back to the bus.


Here I am in the Patio de Naranjas or Patio of Oranges. I wouldn't mind having a Patio full of orange trees at some point in my life :) The oranges are actually all yellow and they only use them to make marmalade, but still gorgeous.







This is one of my favorite pictures: 
I just love the rooftops and it was a pretty gray day :)



Pretending to drink the non-potable water:






It was a great day in Córdoba. Then we got back on the bus to drive the rest of the way to Sevilla. Luckily I had uploaded the movie "Hook" onto my iphone, so Kiersten and I were entertained for the rest of the ride :)

1 comment:

  1. great pics! looks so wonderful!!! hope you have a fabulous time in Paris!!!! can't wait to welcome you HOME!

    ReplyDelete