Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Home!

I'm now home after spending almost three months living in Spain. It's crazy how it almost feels like I didn't actually go, but I did and it was such a blast! Here's a review of the past week...

Kiersten and I went to our usual market for our last napolitanas together while finishing up our final school assignment. So great.


This was my last lunch made by the wonderful Luisa: Rice with tomato sauce and an egg with a HUGE piece of salmon. I had to ask her to share it with me because it was so large. But it was a great meal, as always. 



After our graduation ceremony on Thursday from Alcalingua, Leigh and I decided to venture off to Madrid for one final time. We bought napolitanas for our families to bring home on the airplane to share the goodness. Madrid was great as always and we took one last stroll through the Plaza Mayor and by the Palace and by Sol. It was a great farewell to Madrid.


Then on Friday, Luisa helped me with my luggage to the train station where I met some other students who were on the same flight back to the United States. Thanks again for everything Luisa! 


After over 9 hours of flying, I was welcomed home by my wonderful family and I got to see Jessie for the first time in 18 months. It was fantastic to see them all and especially her!


Then we decided to indulge in the napolitanas I brought for them to try. They all enjoyed them although it was definitely a sugar rush. I'm glad that they made it through all of the security and customs I had to go through in the airports.


The next day, Emmy made us delicious Dutch Baby Pancakes for breakfast. It really is great to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment