Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Granada

I have to catch up on the last trip before leaving on the next! So on Friday, of last week we were in Granada. We got to our hotel and a bunch of us went to an Italian restaurant for lunch. The Margherita Pizza was delicious. Then we drove to La Alhambra, which is a beautiful palace that has even more pretty grounds/gardens. When we got out of the bus it was super cold and rainy, but we tried to not let that get us down. Luckily it eventually stopped raining, so we could actually see the things around us. It was a blessing.

This building was cool, because it was built in a similar style as the Colosseum.


Kiersten and I trying to keep dry:


Awesome tiles were everywhere!


Here's Annika and I inside a courtyard of the Palace:



Brian and I working on our modeling...and Kiersten...


Lexy and I with an incredible view of the city behind us. How gorgeous is that? 


Annika, Me, Marcela, Jessie, Jeannette and Michelle loving the gorgeous grounds of the palace. The white building in the background was the summer home or something like that. I wouldn't mind staying there :)



Unfortunately my camera died while we were there, but I could occasionally grab a quick shot. But the gardens were definitely my favorite part because everything was super pretty after the rain. It was ideal.


After we got back to our hotel, it was dark and rainy, so we decided to mostly stay in for the night. But first, Leigh wanted to get some food so I obliged to go with her...of course I had to get a napolitana de chocolate since we went to a pastelería and it was only one euro and it was a goal of mine to eat one on every trip. I think I was successful, except I didn't eat one in Toledo...but I think I've definitely made up for it ;) Speaking of delicious pastries, I'm headed off to Paris tomorrow early in the morning, so I'll be eating some more deliciousness when I get there!!!!! Hopefully some chocolate croissants and crepes will be in my future ;)


p.s. WELCOME HOME HERMANA LIVINGSTON!!!!!!!!!


9 more days!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to know how many euros you spent on food. You know, when you get around to tallying it all up. Looking through all your pictures pushes my travel button. So fun.

    ReplyDelete