Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Very Spanish Reunion

A few weeks ago I went over to Leigh's apartment to eat the Spanish tortilla with Leigh and Annika. It was a great reunion and Leigh is a boss at making the tortilla. 


She spoiled Annika and I with salad and homemade dressing as well. Thanks Leigh, you're the best! But at this lunch/dinner we all had the great idea of throwing a Spain reunion for our study abroad group. We set the date, got the goods and it was a party!


My main contribution was choco boms. They were a group favorite from the vending machine at our university in Spain. I recreated them by dipping famous amos cookies in melted chocolate chips and then keeping them in the fridge because they were always served cold. Then I found the label on line, so I printed it out for extra decoration. They were a hit and now I have a TON of famous amos cookies (thanks to costco) that I can make a lot of choco boms with :)


Some of the partiers in action. We made churros and chocolate and it was pretty similar to the good ol' spanish days.


The hosts: 


It was great to see people from the group again, reminisce and catch up. I'm glad that we could get together again. Yay for Spain, study abroads and friends!

1 comment: