Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Year = An Extra Day to Party!!

The roommates and I decided to throw a Leap Day party this year because we figured that Leap Day is really an extra day to party and it only comes every 4 years, so you might as well celebrate! We made lots of delicious desserts, decorated for the occasion and even made a piñata. It was rockin'.

Here's Erin and I frosting some cupcakes:


Courtney couldn't contain her excitement to party:


I made a garland of leaping animals the night before, so Kayla and I had to pose with it:


We finally have a roommate picture from this semester! These girls are awesome!


The spread of deliciousness included animal crackers that you could "leap" into dipping chocolate, cupcakes, peanut butter balls, cake mix cookies, sugar cookies and Oreo truffles (that I made). Oh and that's the piñata in the corner...it is a frog with a party hat on :)


Jessie came!


Court and I took the opportunity to do our traditional pose:


And then we smashed the piñata! Sara and I were very proud of our creation.


Overall, it was a great way to celebrate the Leap Year and I can't wait for the next one! 
(even though it's 4 years away now) 
Hope you had a happy leap day!

3 comments:

  1. so glad you celebrated in style! looks like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast and a half as always to party with you Meg!

    ReplyDelete