Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Home for the Summer

This Summer I am working at Aspen Grove Camp. It has been great so far. Mostly I'm just amazed by the beauty. It is such a gorgeous place. I'm happy to call it my new home despite my "rustic" living conditions that I will have to get used to living in this Summer ;). 

Thus far I have seen a moose and my roommate saw a cougar on her morning run. I've eaten good food. Played lots of games and done team building activities. Learned how to properly wash my hands, make a bed and clean rooms. Performed skits and songs. Learned a lot of people's names and forgotten a lot as well.


I'm one of the Arts and Crafts Counselors. This is where I will be spending most of my time. I've been doing training all this week and I have a few more hours tomorrow but then the campers start coming tomorrow night. Should be exciting!



1 comment:

  1. I love seeing your little mountain home and am so excited for you to help many people create beautiful things this summer in such a beautiful place. Love you!

    ReplyDelete