Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Perfect Afternoon in DC

I feel so lucky to live close to DC. I love being able to zip in for a quick trip to visit such a beautiful and historic area. I think that every American should visit Washington DC at least once in their life. It is a truly awesome place.
This week my mom and I went into DC for lunch and to visit some monuments before I head out again. It was the perfect afternoon. The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious and the company was even better. First stop was Georgetown Cupcake, which luckily did not have a long line. We were hoping for the salted caramel cupcakes, but they weren't out so we go the german chocolate fudge instead and they did not disappoint. The secret flavor was coconut that day. delicious :)
We ran into a lady there who was on vacation hitting up all the different food spots and she told us that she had just eaten 4 slices of pie for lunch and was now getting her cupcakes. She was definitely on a food vacation. We were curious what she would be eating for dinner. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do :)

We got some yummy salads and wraps after the cupcakes (yes we know how to live...dessert first ;) ). Then we went to the new Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial because I had not seen it yet. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed the quotes and the concept. 


We walked along the tidal basin toward Jefferson.


Stopped at FDR's memorial. 



Said hello to Jefferson.



Then headed home. It was a perfect afternoon in DC. Thanks mom!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Lil' Miss Thang....You look SO stunning! And I love the picture with you and your momma. So fun! I miss you two!

    ReplyDelete