Last week my mom and I had a great adventure. We went to Puerto Rico for five days to relax, soak up the sun and hike through the rainforest before I was off again on to my next adventure.
Here we are on the airplane heading off to the Rich Port.
This is the beach that was right by our hotel. The sand was so soft, like powdered sugar, and the water was so clear and warm.
obviously I was excited :)
The view from our hotel room
just lounging at the beach.
This is where the real adventure was. We hiked through the rainforest, repelled down a waterfall and ziplined through the canopy of the trees. It was seriously one of the funnest things that I have ever done in my life. I would highly recommend it. Our guides were hilarious and super helpful.
This is the waterfall that we repelled down. It was pretty scary, but awesome at the same time.
This is how we felt after repelling.
This was the delicious meal provided to us by a local family.
On the way back to the hotel we stopped at this fruit stand on the side of the road and I got to use some of my Spanish to get us some bananas, coconut and mango. All of it was so good!
That night we went to dinner to get some Puerto Rican cuisine. I got the mofongo, which is a native dish of smashed plantains filled with some kind of meat. It was delicious.
That night we finished off our coconuts in the hotel room.
The next day we ventured off to Old San Juan and toured the Old Spanish Forts. They were pretty cool and the textures and colors of the walls were our favorite parts.
we got some super yummy coconut and passion fruit ice cream.
We ate at the Parrot Club and were pleasantly surprised when our nachos came with plantain chips rather than corn or tortilla chips. They were delicious.
We spent the next day mostly relaxing at our resort and sipping drinks by the ocean.
We fed the iguanas.
enjoyed a stroll on the beach
and saw a beautiful sunset to end off the trip right.
It was a fantastic trip and vacation. Thank you Mother and Father for the wonderful opportunity!













oh my word! amazing! how fun to have just the two of you! i want that ice cream:)
ReplyDeleteseriously??? how awesome! Looks so fun!
ReplyDelete