Megan and her cousin Rachel:
Megan and her friend Rachel:
Megan, Sister Jacklin, and Sister Wadsworth (her companions):
Walking to the Marriot Center:
Megan and Rachel:
Hello family!!!
Thanks for your emails and letters! I love hearing from you all. I'm glad that everything is going well for you and that you were protected from the crazy storms in Virginia. This has been a crazy week with lots of highs and a few lows, but luckily the highs are worth it. I was pretty sick with a cold this past week, which was no fun since you always are around other people constantly and you need to be on your a-game, but I am feeling a lot better now. On Sunday we heard from Sister Clegg on the general relief society board and she was amazing. She is such a cool and real lady. I really enjoyed her talk. She said that the most important things that we need to have as missionaries is to know our purpose, be bold and expect miracles. Something I have noticed since being set apart as a missionary is that I have a lot more confidence. It is definitely a gift of the spirit that I've received since being here and it is so helpful in that I'm not scared to participate in class or teach an investigator in Korean or to mess up. I'm really grateful for that. For devotional that night we heard from Richard HEaton and he talked about the importance of that first visit we have with investigators. It is important to make sure that you and the investigator are on the same page. You should ask them what they are expecting and their intentions with meeting with you and we shoult tell them our purpose of inviting people to come unto Christ through faith, repentance, baptism and the holy ghost. I am still enjoying my district and companions and my teachers. We do a lot of hands on demonstrations andactivities so that is really helpful. I just hope that one day I will really be able to express myself in Korean because it is still a struggle.
On Tuesday we madehistory by having the first ever missionary fireside in the Marriott Center at BYU. All of the missionaries from the MTC and the west campus were able to attend together. It was pretty incredible. We walked from the MTC and it was so cool because it was an endless line of missionaries either way you looked. Awesome. It's exciting to be a part of this huge wave of missionaries because it might never be like this again. The fireside was so so so so good. Elder Arnold of the seventy spoke and it was truly incredible. He testified with such power and knowledge of the truthfuklness of the gospel. He talked about how we need to work and serve so that by the end of our missions you can say that you have no regrets and that you have worked diligently. One day we will have the opportunity to give an account of our stewardship to the Savior. It was really great.
Right now we are teaching two progressing "investigators." (The investigators are our teachers acting as investigators). It's kind of weird to teach our investigator and then he will come in 5 minutes later as our teacher, but I think it is a really cool system because they see how we teach and can see what we need to learn more about. But our lessons with Beck jae min are going really well. We taught him about prayer last time and he committed to pray everyday!!! It was so exciting! It was one of the highs of the week because we went in there prepared with our "script" of a lesson and then when we had to answer his questions or elaborate more I was able to think of things to say to him in Korean. I was really happy after the lesson. Our other investigator is Yoo song jin and he is not progressing as well. For some reason when we go to teach him almost the same lesson as beck jae min, it just never works out as well. We try so hard, but he's not really responding so we are kind of stumped right now...but it was just disappointing to leave a lesson and feel like we didn't accomplish our purpose at all. Oh well...I'm not perfect and it's a learning process. Yesterday was a really hard day for me, but today is a new and better day. Thank you for all of your love and support. I can really feel your prayers.
cho nun hangook marur saranghumnida!!! (I love Korean!!) Sometimes I have to remind myself of that :)
Love,
Livingston Chamae
p.s. there are missionaries from Korea here and they are sooooo cute! They taught us a dodgeball game at gym time and they love to hug us and try to talk to us and teach us korean words. 3 of them are going to daejeon so they could be my companions in the future. I'm excited!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment