Friday, June 21, 2013

Week 4


Megan ran into Barrett at the Temple:


Her district:


Megan and her companions with the Korean sisters:


The calendar Liss made for her:


A Plan of Salvation puzzle from the Yosts:



Hey family!!
 
This week has been another crazy week, but it still was good. We have been learning a lot of new grammar forms in Korean this week, which is exciting because that means we can make more sentences and speak more clearly during lessons. We have been memorizing Joseph Smith's first vision in Korean and we have about half of it down. It's pretty awesome. We are still teaching everyday and the lessons generally go well. We have started going into lessons with just a general lesson plan in english and then we have some words in korean so we can make sentences on the spot. It can be difficult, but it makes the lessons a lot more personal when you don't have to read off a response or question. This past Sunday was so so so good!! Sister Marriot, the 2nd counselor of the RS presidency spoke and she is such an amazing woman. She is a convert to the church and she has a strong southern accent and she is so cute. She talked about how our vulnerability and lack of skill in speaking anew language will be endearing and reach the people you are talking to, which is good to hear because it will prob be a while before I can fully express myself in Korean.  She talked about loving God in every situation you are in and the blessings of the priesthood. She also told her conversion story, which was so so sweet. She said that inspired questions were what finally helped her to act on her knowledge that the church is true. Her husband is the one that asked those questions and then they were married a year later. How tender! Also before that we watched music and the spoken word and it was a special one for fathers day. It had me tearing up a little bit. Hope yyou had a good fathers day dad and I hope you are having fun in yosemite with greg and matt!! During Sacrament meeting the Korean missionaries sang the efy medley and it was so sweet. I might have cried a little then too. I'll send you a pictur eof me with the Koreans. They are so cute. They already left to go back to korea. That night the devotional was really good. Elder Allen spoke and he showed a bunch of old church commercials and talked about the tag lines and how they applied to missionary work. it was fun.
 
On Tuesday the devotional was also great. We made our trek to the marriott center again and Elder Gay spoke. He talked about the power that we have as missionaries and that in order to receive that power we need to work in His way and be obedient to not only the rules/standards, but how to teach with the purpose in mind. As missionaries we are not meant to teach lessons, we are meant to invite people unto Christ and help them to gain that relationship. It all comes down to love. I sat next to Sister Anderson during that devotional because we are singing next to each other in the choir. It was the best. We get to sing for the huge missionary broadcast that they are having on Sunday. Supposedly the first presidency and some apostles will be there so that's pretty awesome. Maybe the camera will zoom in on us, so if you watch it, keep a look out for us! Unfortunately after the devotional I started to not feel good and after we had a district review and I got all ready for bed, I got really sick. I was one of the lucky people that either got food poisoning or a flu bug. They are still not sure because it hit a bunch of missionaries that same night/the next day. I was up pretty much the whole night being sick. The girls will underdstand when I say that it reminded me of our time in Washington...not good. All day on wednesdayI literally slept in bed. I felt bad for my companions because someone always has to be with me, but luckily since we are in a trio, they could switch out with other people and go to class while the other one stayed. They were nice to take care of me. So that was kind of unfortunate. I don't know why I've had such a hard time staying healthy at the mtc. I normally hardly ever get sick. But I am feeling a lot better now and they instigated a no hand shake policy at the mtc to hopefully stop the spread because they aren't sure if it is the flu or food poisoning. I hope it was the food. Although now I don't know what I am going to eat for the next 6 weeks because none of the food looks super appetizin gto me. Oh well. I'll be fine.
 
But yesterday I went to all of my classes and we taught twice to make up for our lesson that we missed on wednesday. The lessons went pretty well. One of them said that they would read the BoM and the other said that he would pray about Joseph Smith, so we were excited about that! Tonight we are teaching at the TRC. Last week Sister Wadsworth's sister came to the TRC so that was fun to see her. The people that volunteer at the TRC are way nice, so that was comforting for the future.
 
I am still loving missionary service! I am getting more and more excited to go to Korea and serve the people there!!! I really appreciated the love and packages that I received this week!!!
 
Greg and Liss...the calander you sent me is so cute!!! I absolutely love it! That was so sweet of you to make for me! I hope you had a happy anniversary!!
 
Mom, I got the package from you and thank you for the socks and the cute sweater! I love them! I also appreaciated the notes and passing on the wedding invites. I got the credit card so you can activate it for me now :) I also got the package from Sister Yost today and it was so so so sweet!!! Thank you so much! She sent me the cutest plan of salvation puzzle in Korean and some goodies. That was so nice of her. Thanks for slipping in the emergen-c as well.
 
Jessie, thanks for all of the delcious goodies from Russia and Estonia! I am excited to try them! I also got your postcard in the mail today. loved it.
 
Love you all!!! Hope you are having a great Summer!!
 
Love,
Livingston Chamae

No comments:

Post a Comment