The Daejeon missionaries with President and Sister Shin!
Hellooooo kajoke!!! (that's how you say family in korean)
This has been another great week here at the MTC. I hit my one month mark tomorrow, so I've been here for 4 weeks...crazy. Just have another month to go before I get to go to korea!!!!!! I am soooooooo excited to go to Korea. I seriously can't wait. I know it will be difficult and a lot of work but it is going to be so great. I can just feel it.
On Saturday we got to meet our new mission president! He and his wife were here this week for the new mission president training. They met all of the missionaries going to Daejeon on Saturday night and I LOVE HIM!!! Never before have I met such a cute, happy, smiley and kind man. He and his wife are going to be incredible mission presidents. He is President Shin (pronounced sheen) and he and his wife are from the Daejeon area of Korea, so they know the area well. He said that we are going to work hard and play hard. Since they know the area they are going to take us on cool cultural events on our p-days so I'm pumped for that! He says it is a very beautiful area and we are going to love it. His wife served a mission in Buson so she loves missionary work and is super excited for all of the missionaries, especially the sisters. We had a meeting and he talked about how the things we need to know about the korean people are that they are religious, they love food, they love to sing, polite greetings are very important, they are very diligent and hard working and they are always in a hurry (bali bali). After meeting with him he shook all of our hands (and gave us hugs) and his wife gave us hugs and they said that they would meet us in Korea! I was so happy after we met with them. My head hurt from smiling so much. I just know that this is where I am supposed to be and that I am going to love the korean people that I serve. It is going to be so great.
Sunday was the big world wide missionary broadcast. It was amaZING! (todd k. mack) It was so cool to be in the marriot center with 11 of the 12 apostles and soooo many missionaries and missionary presidents. Definietly a once in a lifetime thing. I was 5 rows up from being directly behind the apostles. I was sitting next to Sister Anderson. We are both wearing blue shirts (mine is light blue) and we are sitting close to the stairs in between the altos and the sopranos. I don't htink you can see a close up of me but I do think yuo can see sis anderson at one point so you can know I am standing next to her. My companions are shown though so you can look for them. The broadcast was so great and I am excited to have more member involvement because I think it will really help. This is such an awesome time to be a missionary because the Lord really is hastening his work and I think there are going to be a lot of miracles that happen with this many missionaries out in the field. I feel honored to be a part of it. President Shin talked to us again on wednesday and he told us that they are going to start having missionaries use ipads in the next year and that we are going to be changing how we communicate with people because the world is changing how we communicate with people. It will be interesting to see all that lies ahead. While I was in the marriott center, my testimony was confirmed that we are lead by a prophet and apostles and that this really is the Lord's work. So cool.
On tuesday we had a devotional from Janice Kapp Perry who wrote lots of the childrens songs and As Sisters in Zion. It was cool because we got to sing those songs with her and she rewrote a song to be The Sisters of Zion and its about the sisters being missionaires. We get to sing it every sunday after relief society. So sweet. She talked about how a mission sanctifies the missionary. She and her husband were way cute and funny together. Apparently his first line to her was: "Those lips look like they were meant for something better than playing the clarinet."They were in a music class together. haha and then he walked right up to her during her talk and kissed her. All of the missionaries were obviously dying. It was pretty funny.
Our lessons with our investigators are sometimes really good and sometimes rough, but it's all a learnign process. Our lesson with yoo song jin went super well and we talked about how he can build his foundation on christ. I have learned a lot of new grammar forms so we can go into a lesson with just vocab and an english outline and we can pretty much say what we want to say. It's incredible all that we have learned. We memorized Our Purpose and the first vision in Korean so that's also cool.
On Wednesday I helped to host the new missionaries, which was fun. I say Lexy, my roommate in Spain, which was way fun! She is going to France.
Well things are going really well and I love this work. I am super excited to go to Korea and serve the people there. Thanks for all of the love and support! I'm glad you are all doing well. Who's the best family in the United States? It's you! It's you!!!
Love you all!
Livingston chamae
No comments:
Post a Comment