Me with Sis Anderson
Me and my roommates, my companions and Sister Dixon and Sister Matsen
My district
Helloooooo Kajoke!
The weeks are flying by here. I feel like I just emailed you, but a lot of great things have happened this week. I love the gospel and being a missionary. It rocks. It's a lot of work, but it is great. On Sunday Sheri Dew spoke to us in Relief Society and it rocked. She told us 4 things that she wanted us to learn while we are on our missions. She said we need to learn who we are, deelpy understand who the Savior is, learn how to receive revelation and learn about God's power. She talked about how we need to be converted to the gospel and really understand those things and we will never fall away. It was a really good devotional. We also had a devotional that night that was good too. Probably my favorite thing about the MTC is all of the amazing devotionals we get to hear and participate in. I have learned so much. One thing I liked from the night devotional was that he talked about how everyone's testimony is unique so to make sure that you share your own testimony because that is what is going to be unique in your teaching of the gospel. For the church film that night we watched a devotional that Elder Bednar gave on Christmas at the MTC and it was INCREDIBLE!! It is called the Character of Christ. I don't know if Jessie or anyone saw it whie at the MTC, but this talk seriously changed my life and the way I think. I wish it were made public. But he talked about the importance of us understanding the character of Christ inorder to have faith in him. The character of Christ is that Christ turns out when we would turn in. He gave some examples from the scriptures like, when Christ was on the cross he was worried about his mother and the welfare of the world rather than himself. The natural man turns inward when christ would turn outward. So our goal in this life is to change our instincts to turn outward when we would normally turn inward. It was really good.
On tuesday Matthew O. Richardson of the Sunday School Presidency spoke and it was also way good.He read some from his own missionary journal entries and he talked about the saying of "what ere thou art, act well thou part" and how it applied to missionary work. It was really good. He talked about how we should read our missionary calls often because we have some pretty great blessings outlined in them as long as we follow its guidelines. It was fun to remember back to the day that I opened my call and my world was literally turned upside down. I would have never guessed Korea for myself, but especially lately, I just know that this is the right place for me to go. I love Korea and am so excited to serve there!
The fourth of July was really great here in the MTC! I was glad to hear that you all had such a fun 4th of July! Way to go for running that 5k mom, jessie, matt and em!! you looked good! Dad all of that food sounds delicious! maybe you should send some to me ;) thats so fun that you went to DC with the hartts! I'm a little jealous! But my day was really great here as well. We all wore our most patriotic clothing and Sister Wadsworth and I went with the other sister Wadsworth during gym time to play horseshoes and eat popsicles on the MTC field because we figured that's the closest we could get to participating in some of the 4th of july activities. It was really fun. She took some pictures so when I get copies I'll send them on to you. Our teacher Bro Madsen brought us 4th of July candy during class, which was so nice of him! And we had a special fireside that night and one of the branch presidncey people spoke about how our message is a message of freedom. We sang lots of songs and then we watched 17 Miracles!!! It was sooooo good! I obviously cried while singing Come Come Ye Saints and while watching the movie a) because it reminds me of Jessie on her mission so it was sweet b) that song has new meaning to me as I am serving a mission and c) that movie is just emotional because the Lord really does perform miracles! I am excited to be a part of them and witness them on my mission. After we watched the movie we got magnum ice cream bars and we watched the stadium of fire fireworks outside. It was great. Definitely a 4th of July that I'll never forget.
Korean is going well! I have a lot more to learn, but it is so cool to realize all that I have learned. Our teacher bro. Madsen told us yesterday that he was grateful that we were the kind of missionaries that qualified for the gift of tongues because he said that in other districts that he has taught it has taken a lot longer for them to grasp some concepts than it takes us. It was nice to hear because sometimes I don't feel like I know what I am doing, but I definitely know that it is through the Lord that I have been able to learn Korean so far. I'm glad that you enjoyed getting my testimony written out. I'm excited to keep learning and improving. Tonight we are doing TRC, but we got a notice that we are skypeing people in Korea!!!!!!!1 AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm a little scared. It's one thing to do it with people that I know can also speak english, but I'm sure it will be fine. We'll just do our best. I can't believe I'll be off to Korea this month! So excited.
That's pretty much what has happend this week. Everything is going well for me and I'm glad that everything sounds to be going well for you at home as well. I love you all and am thankful for your thoughts and prayers. Keep them coming :)
Love,
Livingston Chamae
No comments:
Post a Comment