Hey family!!
First of all, can you believe that I have already been here for 6 weeks and that I am leaving for Korea in about 2 1/2 weeks?! So crazy!! I am getting way excited to head off to Korea. Although, somtimes when I really think about what I am about to do I get a little scared. But I know that the Lord has called me there for a reason so he knows I can do it. It has been another good week here at the MTC. Nothing too different or exciting happened.Today is Elder Jensen's birthday (he is in my district) so we had a district picnic and ate all of the treats and snacks that he got in his birthday package. It was fun. And tonight for TRC we are skyping people in Korea again. We did it last friday and it went better than I was excpecting. Right before we pushed the button to call them on skype I though my heart was going to beat out of my chest because I got way nervous, but once we started talking it was fine. Both people that we talked to were guys around our age that had already served missions and they knew english as well, so they were understanding and nice to us. We talked about how they can receive revelation through reading the Book of Mormon.
Sunday was good as always and that night Susan Easton Black talked to us. It was good. She was different than I was expecting. But she and her new husband talked about how we need to be bold as missionaries and we need to know for ourselves before we teach. They had BYU creamery icecream as usual that day for dinner,which was great because fast sundays can be a little long sometimes :) On Tuesday there was another great devotional by Elder Kendrick who is an ameritus seventy. He talked about personal revelation and prayer. How the Lord won't use a floodlight when a flashlight is sufficient in giving us revelation. It was a really good talk that helped me to learn more about what I should be doing in my prayers to make them more meaningful and I can be more prepared to receive revelation. Teaching our investigators is still going well. Both have committed to baptism, but we still have a lot to teach them. The past two lessons we've had have been really good. We taught one about the Word of Wisdom and asked him to live it. He said he would try but it would be really hard because he always goes out and drinks with his friends, but we promised that he would have greater peace and knowledge and confidence in this life if he obeys the word of wisdom. I suggested that he pick a different drink when he goes out with friends and he said that he would try that. Our other investigator we taught about the Holy Ghost. It was a sweet lesson because we are trying to bring less notes so we can be more in the moment and teach to their needs. We were trying so hard and being really sincere, which I think he felt. We promised him that with the Holy Ghost he will have God's help with him and he will be able to have success in this life, which is what he is looking for. It was a good lesson. Yesterday we started practicing sharing a short 1 minute message that we would share while street contacting or on a bus and it was hard! It's hard to think of something that will make them want to listen and meet with you again in a minute. And now imagine trying to do that in Korean! I'll probably be able to say like 2 sentences in that amount of time. Oh well. It will come with time and practice.
I don't really have much else to report, but I am doing well! I am happy and excited to go to Korea. I'm a little nervous, but it'll be fine. I was happy to hear that you all are doing so well!
Mom, thanks so much for the package with the sugar cookies! It was such a fun surprise! Also they are from one of my favorite bakeries in provo and they were absolutely delcious! Everyone in my room also thanks you for them because we loved eating them. I appreciated the letters as well! It's always the best to hear from you all. I was excited to hear that Tara had her baby and that Sister Lacey also had her baby. So cute!
Love you all!! Keep up all of the good work!
Love,
Livingston Chamae
No comments:
Post a Comment