me with my delicious cake
eating the cake with sisters in my zone
my korean name tag!
Helloooooo family!!!!
I leave for Korea in a matter of days...can you believe that?! I still can't fully believe it, but I am very excited!! This week has been kind of a crazy week compared to others becuase it was different from our normal schedule. First of all though, let me just say thank you for making my birthday so awesome! I had a great day ^^ (asian smiley face) The cake arrived that evening so I shared it with my district and the girls in my hall. It was a super delicious cake! Thanks for sending it! And the package from the family came on Saturday so it was fun to spread out the celebrations. I LOVE the shoes and the sweater and the dress! Thank you so much! Emily thank you for all of the cute cards and the pencil holder! It is so beautiful. I love it! Matt thanks for the deoderant :) Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Also thank Max for me. I really appreciated his card. I'll send some more pictures from my birthday that I took later in the day. Thanks again though for making it such a great day!
On Tuesday our trio companionship got broken up, so that was kind of shocking and different. We weren't really prepared for it, so it was weird at first, but we still are together for most of the time. Another sister as added to our distric because she was on the fast track, but she is leaving for korea on the same day as us. So Sister Jacklin is now companions with Sister Choi and I am companions with Sister Wadsworth. We taught just the two of us on Wednesday and it was weird to only have two of us. But that's how it will probably be most of the time, so it's good to get a taste of both I guess. Tuesday afternoon class was awesome because Brother Madsen just answered our questions about the Korean culture and we all sat on the floor, like we would in Korea, and practiced eathing cheese-itz and sour patch kids with chopsticks. It was so fun! It got me way excited to go. On WEdnesday we discussed Christlike attributes during class and it was really great. EAch person in our distric had a different attribute that we studied about and preapared to discuss and then we shared it with the class. I studied about hope. I really enjoyed learning from everyone in the group. We also had infield orientation yesterday instead of normal class and study throughout the day. We learned about finding people and practiced talking to people on a bus or in the airport and situations like that. We also talked about planning, goals and the importance of working with the members. It was a long day, but we learned a lot. Today had mostly been filled with packing and trying to get all ready to leave early Monday morning.
Not much else happened. We've all just been trying to get as ready as we can for Korea. We are teaching our last TRC lesson tonight, so we are hoping that it will go really well. We are teaching one of our investigators for the last time tomorrow night. Tomorrow is our last day of classes, so it will be our last time to see our teachers. I'm going to miss them! Brother Madsen and McArthur have been the best teachers and I have learned so much from them. They are awesome.
I am excited to talk to you all on Monday!! I'm planning on calling Greg and Liss while I am still in SLC and then I will call the rest of the family during my layover in San Fransisco. Can't wait to hear your voices!!! Love you all so much!!!!
Love,
Livingston Chamae
p.s. we got our korean name tags this week as well. my name is pronounced ri-bing-su-ton. I'll send a picture so you can see our last name in Korean letters!!! So cool. I'm practically asian now ^^
No comments:
Post a Comment