Friday, July 19, 2013

Week 8


me and my companions at the temple




my comps and I with Sister Kim. She just left for Korea this week. She is so nice!!




the delicious cupcakes from Mark and Matt :)




Sis Jacklin and I enjoying our sweet rolls




My lovely friends and I (Both Sister Wadsworths, Sister Jacklin, Johnson, Matsen and Dixon)




Court and Jonathan sent me Agnes for my birthday :)




They decorated the room with sticky notes



Hello Kajok!!!!
 
GUESS WHAT?! I got my travel plans today!! I fly out of SLC at 5:35 am on July 29th. Then I arrive in San Fran CA at 6:36 am and I leave for Seoul Korea at 10:45 am and should arrive in Korea at 2:40 pm on July 30th. I leave so soon!!!! I'm kind of freaking out but mainly just really excited! So I'm trying to figure out when I should call you guys...what are your thoughts? Should I do it in Utah before I leave or in California during my layover? Dear elder me your thoughts. I excited to talk to you all!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I WILL BE IN KOREA IN 2 WEEKS!!!! So cool :)
 
Thanks for all of the happy birthday wishes!!! It has been a great day. Who knew that turning 21 in the MTC would make you feel old?! haha. I received the package of delicious sweet rolls yesterday and I ate them for breakfast today. They were so good! All of my roommates and friends have been enjoying them as well. That was literally sweet of you all to be thinking of me :) I also received the mini speakers and they are so cute! Thanks!! I haven't received the package from the family yet, but it will probably come tonight or tomorrow. I got a package from Greg and Liss that I loved!! the mustache straws are hilarious and we will definitely be using those soon :) I also love the sporks. They are so cool! I think they will definitely come in handy for when the chopsticks get hard to use haha. Thanks for sending that to me Greg and Liss! I love you guys!!! I also got a package from Courtney and Jonathan Judd, which was super nice of them. Court included pictures from her wedding and all of her blog posts, which I am excited to read. My companions and friends have all be so sweet today! We enjoyed eating the sweet rolls together and they decorated the room with cute sticky notes and we are going to have a party with popcorn at some point. they are all the best! I have loved getting to know all of these awesome girls that are all going to Korea. We had a little district picnic and I shared some more sweet rolls with everyone. So far it has been a great day. Definitely a great way to turn 21 :) Tonight we are teaching at TRC again. We aren't skyping this week. Last week went pretty well, except for the fact that it was really hard to hear her because her microphone for skype wasn't working very well. So the language barrier and the sound barrier made it hard to understand her. She was a sweet girl though.
 
This past week has been good. Nothing too different or exciting to report. The devotionals were good as always. On Sundays we watch Music and the Spoken Word and I saw Marjorie playing in the orchestra! It zoomed in right close to her face. Also Carole Mikita spoke to us. She is a newscaster or something like that for KSL. It was a really sweet devotional. She talked about her family's conversion story. I really loved it. Tuesday devotional was Richard G. Hinckley. He looks and sounds a lot like President Hinckley. This devotional was broadcasted to MTC's across the world, which is cool. He talked about how we can be bold as missionaries because God has set us apart. He also talked about how missionary work is hard work so you just need to be tough and endure hardship. He told us that the greatest suffering a missionary can experience is regret. Mark Brown and Matthew sent me cupcakes in the mail this week and they were delicious! I felt really spoiled this week. Thanks Matt and Mark! That was so nice of you! I also got the drawings that Liss sent from her primary class. I loved them. Especially Matthew's :) Thanks for sending that to me Liss!! We had some really good teaching experiences this week. I have definitely felt the Lord helping me more in the past few lessons that I have been teaching. It's cool to go into a lesson with a lesson plan and then when we actually start teaching, we don't accomplish anything on our plan but we are able to help them come closer to Christ and understand the things that they need to. We also have been practicing street contacting in Korean lately. It is hard, but also kind of fun! We practice talking/teaching for 2 minutes one of the lessons from chapter 3 of PMG. I'm sure it will be way scary when I have to do it for real, but it will be okay. Everyone always talks about how much they appreciate people trying to speak Korean so I'm just going to do my best!
 
Love you all so much!! Thanks for thinking of me! I feel blessed to have been born into the best family ever 21 years ago. I am also feeling super grateful for all that Heavenly Father has blessed me with throughout my life and I feel honored to be serving Him at this time. The gospel rocks. I love it so much.
 
Love,
Livingston Chamae

No comments:

Post a Comment