Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 12

Hey family!!


First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Jessie and Mark!! I am super duper excited for you both! Sounds like the proposal was perfect and that you all have had fun with Mark visiting. You all know how to party :)

It's been a party here in Korea as well. We found some people to teach!!!!! So we are super excited about that! They are great and I think they are really going to like our message. 

On Monday we visited some less actives and it was super great. The wife is Korean and the husband is american and they are both converts and they haven't come to church in a while because they got offended, but we visited with them and the spirit was super strong when we were talking about them coming back to church. We were telling them that it is through the atonement that they can overcome those hurt feelings and forgive others to come back to church. It was a really good lesson. Unfortunately they still didn't come on Sunday, but I'm not giving up hope. I think they will come soon.

Wednesday was a super funny day. You will have to cover Max's ears for this, but I ate dog...So the old man that we met last week had an appointment with us on Wednesday for lunch with him and his wife but the plans changed so he just came by himself so we couldn't go with him alone so our Mission President came to the lunch with us. It's tradition in Korea to eat dog when it is really hot outside, so the old man took us to this random restraunt to eat dog. So we ate dog with our mission president. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. It pretty much just tasted like briscuit. I also ate the hottest pepper ever. I thought I was going to die. I was pretty much crying and my ears were burning it was so hot. Pretty embarrassing. But it was super funny. Unfortunately the man doesn't really have gospel interest, but we sure got a good story out of it.

On thursday we met with a woman and her daughter and 2 other kids to teach the kids english and we will start sharing our gospel message with them next meeting. On Friday we taught this man English for 30 minutes and then we started to share our message about the church and he was so amazed that we could speak Korean. He asked us how we are learning and Sister shin (president's wife) told him that it is through God. And then he had all of these questions about where we came from and where we are going. Pretty much everything that the plan of salvation teaches so we're excited to teach him again on Friday. On Saturday we taught another man that was interested in English but when we shared our gospel message he seemed interested as well. They are seeming pretty golden thus far, so we are really excited! We also taught the YW about missionary work and are hoping to have some of them come to lessons with us since we are mainly teaching boys. But it's been a good week. It is still insanely hot and probably will be for another week. I keep praying for rain or something to cool it down. We taled to 71 people yesterday and gave out 5 BOM and taught several lessons to people on the street and someone called us to learn english tonight, so we are excited!!! We are staying busy.

I love you all! thanks for all of the prayers and love and support. Keep them coming! Love you all!!

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment