This has been another great week here in Korea! The Lord has seriously blessed Sister Bell and I with some miracles. We have 3 progressing investigators right now!!!!!!!! So so cool! They are all boys and they all saw our English program advertisements that we posted all around Korea. One of them accepted a baptism date of September 15th on our second meeting. So cool! We taught him about the plan of salvation and then I invited him to be baptized at the end of the lesson and he accepted! He is 26 years old and a student. His english is really good as well. Another investigator came to church this week! He said that he was super curious about religion all of the sudden and he likes our church so far. He is 23 years old and so awesome. He wants to meet with us everyday this week, so we are going to be busy, which is what I like! We are going to teach him about the restoration and then ask him to be baptized tomorrow. So pumped!!! Then there is another man who we teach on friday nights and he really likes learning english but he has been accepting of our message so far. Sister Bell and I feel like the Lord has a lot of trust in us right now with us teaching some great future priesthood holders. I feel so inadequate to be doing this, but I just have to remember that I have been set apart to do this and that the Lord is working right along with me. I just pray so hard and plead with the Lord to help me to have the spirit and the gift of tongues when I teach them because I want them to understand so badly and I want them to feel something! ahhhh! missionary work is the best! Since we are teaching all males we have to have another woman with us, so we've been working with members more and Sister Ashby (a senior missionary) a lot and member missionary work is seriously the best thing ever. It is soooooo helpful especially because they can obviously speak the language better than us. They also share their conversion stories and it so so good. I'm super grateful when the members can help.
The weather is cooling down, which is such a blessing and this transfer is going to end soon. I really hope that Sister Bell and I stay together in this area because I want to keep teaching our investigators so badly! But the Lord knows what's best so it will all work out. The Language is coming. I am doing my best and people always tell me that my Korean is really good and are surprised that I've only been studying it for 3 months, which is encouraging, but understanding other people is still really hard. I mainly just smile and nod my head :)
Keep the prayers coming, especially that they will have the desire to be baptized!! Hope you all have a great week and enjoy the last bit of Summer! Love you all!!!
Love,
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment