Monday, September 2, 2013

Week 14

Hello dear family!!!

It has been another good week here in Korea!!! First of all, thank you
for the package!!! I was super excited to get it and I loved that you
included the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. I'm excited
to make them when I get a chance :) Also I am super grateful for the
granola bars and the notes, so thank you!!!

We had another busy week here. One of our investigators named Sahn has
pretty much changed our lives and focus since we met him a week ago.
He is a college student, 23 years old, and he saw our english class
advertisement so he called us to meet to practice english. We met and
explained our program and introduced the bom 2  fridays ago with him.
Since then he has come to church twice and we have met with him
everyday!! He is a testemant that the Lord prepares people. He really
likes our message and He is just awesome. On Saturday night he opened
up and told us that since meeting us a week ago he has changed his
life. He said he used to always play pool and computer games and drink
with his friends but now he just wants to meet with us and come to
church. Sister bell and I were shocked. In a matter of a week he has
changed his life dramatically. He always comes and hangs out at the
mission house when he gets out of class and hangs out with the elders
in the office. He told us on saturday, "Livingston and Bell, you have
changed my life!" Soooooo coooooollll!!!!!!!! Probably one of the
coolest moments. The atonement is so real! It allows people to change
and become better. We told him that it is god that is changing his
life. He wants to get baptized when He knows for himself it is true
because he has had bad experiences with baptism before, so we are
meeting him everyday this week and I think he will be ready soon. We
are so pumped. We just hope that neither of us get transferred next
week!!!

The investigator with a baptism date from last week hasn't met with us
since, so we are bummed about that. He has been super busy so we are
hoping to meet with him again soon. Pray that Hyun Chic will meet with
us again!

Our other progressing investigator is Ho Jor and he is 32 years old.
His lessons have been going super well. We have one of the members
come with us and they get along really well. It has been super helpful
to have her there. He opened up a lot this past week and told us that
he needs a mental and spiritual cure. We told him that our message can
help ;) he says that it will take some time for hsi mind to open so we
are taking things really slow with him. Pray that his mind will open
and accept our message :)

This week Elder Ringwood came to speak to us and it was so great.
Brother Richardson also came and talked to us about how to be a "real"
missionary. They also gave a fireside to the stake and our
investigator came to that with us and he talked about following the
prophet. It was way good. We also had zone conference this week so we
were busy with meetings and lessons this week. It was cute though,
because Sister Shin, the mission president's wife, was talking about
not having fear and they were asking the new missionaries if they have
fear and she was like, "Oh Sister Livingston doesn't have fear!" I'm
glad that she has that impression from me because honestly I'm scared
a lot of the time, but it is so good to know that the Lord is working
right along with me so I don't have any reason to fear.

We also met two new investigators this week so hopefully they will progress!

I love you all and I'm glad to hear that all is well! Sounds like you
had a great Summer and are ready for school to start. Have fun with
all of the wedding plans and know that I love and pray for you all!
Thank you for the love and support! I appreciate the prayers. Keep
them coming! The language is still really hard, but I'm trying by best
:)

Love you all!
Sister Livingston

p.s. mom had questions about my apartment. Yes I have an oven, We have
a washer, but no dryer. We just air dry stuff. I sleep on this
mattress pad thing on the floor. It's really quite comfortable. There
are two other sisters that share our apartment. At home I eat cereal,
rice, ramen, dumplings, fruit and popsicles. And when we go out we eat
Korean food. Sometimes people invite us over, but not that much
generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment