reunited!
roommates
my district
our korean grandma pants
people always leave their peppers out to dry everywhere and they use these peppers to make their supply of kimchi
people always leave their peppers out to dry everywhere and they use these peppers to make their supply of kimchi
Hello family!!!!!
GUESS WHAT?! Sahn is getting baptized TONIGHT!!!! This week has been so crazy and it happened super quickly. So here's how this miracle went down...
So this week we have been busy with lessons everyday and we worked with the members a lot this week as well, which has been so awesome. I feel like everything happened at the end of this week too. So on Wednesday we had a lesson with Sahn and we set a baptism date of October 12th because He wasn't going to be able to come to church for a couple of weeks because it is Thanksgiving here in Korea this week so everyone is going to be gone and traveling this week. He said that he only wanted President Shin to come though, because he is shy. So we talked to president shin about coming to our lesson on saturday to explain more what happens at a baptism to help him feel more comfortable. Then we had another lesson with him on Friday and President and Sister Shin showed up to that lesson instead and started talking to him about baptism and the next thing we knew his baptism date got changed to today. He came to church yesterday and he had his interview. We taught him a bunch of the commandments on Saturday and it's happening! Sister Bell and I are still in shock a little and it feels like it's not real, but it is!! We're excited! He says that since meeting with us, it has helped a lot with his life and he believes that Joseph Smith and President Monson are prophets, so that's great!!! 7:30 tonight will be Sahn's baptism. I'm going to play the violin at it because one of the other missionaries had a violin, so I am borrowing it, so that will be sweet. It's truly a miracle and testament that the Lord prepares people. It hasn't even been a full month since we met him. It's really cool though, because I feel like Sister Bell and I have known him forever. He'll be one of those friends for life. It's cool that we got to teach him from the beginning and see this whole process. He still has alot more to learn, but he is showing a lot of faith by deciding to be baptized. So amazed.
Another exciting thing that happened this week is when we taught Ho Chor this week he prayed!!!!!!! It was one of the most sincere and beautiful prayers I have ever heard. We explained that prayer is talking to God and that since he is our father, he wants to hear us and he can answer us and guide us and he was like "really??!!" And we were like "yeah!" And then we explained how we feel when we pray and how it has blessed our life. Then we invited him to pray. And He did it. After he prayed he was like "What is this feeling? I've never felt this way before!" And we were like, that's the feeling of God's love. He was super happy and we invited him to read the BoM and pray everyday. IT WAS THE BEST!!! While he was praying I just kept thinking to myself, this is what it is all about. Helping people to realize that they have a heavenly father that loves them and has a plan for them. So cool. So we are excited to meet with him again.
This week is Choo Seok, which is like the Korean Thanksgiving. Apparently it's an even bigger deal that our thanksgiving though. It is on the 19th, so our pday is actually on Thursday but everything will be closed that day so we get to email and shop today. This holiday means that no one will want to meet with us this week and everyone will be gone, so we are having zone activites on wednesday and friday. Unfortunately those activites are just going to be role play and stuff like that all day...not my favorite. We are hoping that someone will invite us over instead ;)
But Those were the highlights of my week!!! I also did splits with Sister Jacklin, who was one of my mtc companions this week, which was fun. I hope you all have another great week at home! Glad that everything is going well! Happy birthday to Mom on Thursday and Liss on Saturday!!! I hope you both have great days because you deserve them!!! I love you both!!!
Love,
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment