Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 15

Hello family!!

This week flew by super fast for me!!! But it was a really good week. Today is transfer day and we got the call that Sister Bell and I will be staying together in our area, which we are really excited about! We definitely feel like we still have some work here to do with our investigators. 

On Tuesday we had Mission Tour and Elder Whiting and his wife came to speak to us. It was a really great meeting. We talked about how our missions are meant to shape us into the kind of people that Heavenly Father needs us to become for the future things that will happen in our lives. He was a really cool guy. Super down to earth. And his wife was great as well. She had served a mission in Japan so she had some good perspective to give us. I was one of the missionaries picked to have an interview with him after the interview, which was cool. He just asked me about my life and my experiences so far in Korea. It was nice. 

We had a lesson with Sahn every night except for Thursday this week, which is awesome! He talks a lot about how his life has changed since meeting us and how he feels really comfortable when he comes to church and meets with us. He still says he isn't ready for baptism yet though, so we are trying to be patient and trying to tell him that those good feelings he has are from the Holy Ghost. He is a great kid though. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he says that he really likes that there are 3 kingdoms becaues that is more fair and he wants to all meet in the Celestial Kingdom after we die. ^^ We have also been meeting new people still, which is great! A man wanted to practice English with us and he is 45 years old and he has 2 kids and a wife, so we are really praying that we will be able to teach his whole family. Wouldn't that be such a miracle?! It would be so cool. They lived in North Carolina for a year and they heard some about the church when they were in America, so that's good. Pray that we will be able to teach hyuck sue's family :)

On Thursday we had a trainers and trainees meeting in gwang ju, which is about 2 hours south of my area. We took the train there. It took all day to travel and have the meeting. The meeting was really great though! I got to see my old companions Sister Wadsworth and Sister Jacklin so that was great!! The meeting was kind of intense. They had all the the greenies teach different trainers on the spot any of the lessons for 15 minutes. We did it like 5 times. I was pretty exhausted after because it takes a lot of energy to teach a lesson in Korean, but it helped me to realize that I know a lot more than I think. It was a tender moment, when I got to teach Sister Wadsworth (my old comp). I was telling her that God loves her and wants her to return back to him and I started to cry because those words became really real in that moment and I knew that God really does love her and the people that I am teaching and telling that to. It was sweet. 

On Friday our lesson with Ho Jor went really well. We ended up teaching the plan of salvation even though that's not what we had planned and it was cool to see him realize and learn that he is a son of God. We invited him to be baptized and he says he isn't ready yet, but he definitely wants to learn more. He is an awesome guy. Super hilarious. I can just see him in the church. Super cool. 

Last night we had dinner at a member's house and Sahn came with us. They all shared their conversion stories with Sahn and bore their testimonies to them. It was way cool to just kind of let the members take over and really share their testimonies. Members are the best for lessons! They make such a huge difference. 

Life is good here! The weather has finally started to cool down and it's quite pleasant. I started sleeping with a blanket, which was great :) I love you all and am so happy that everything is going well for you!!! You guys are the best!!!

Love you!!!!

Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment