pictures from the baptism!!!!!!
the delicious waffle we ate :)
Hello Family!!!!
First of all, Sahn got baptized!!!!!!!!!!! It was a great day! We were busy all day on Monday getting ready for the baptism. We cleaned the baptismal font because it hadn't been used in over a year. This was the first baptism in this ward for over a year, so that was exciting! We got to the church at 6:30 to make sure everything was set up and Sahn was already there with some of the Elders, so we were excited to see him there ready to get baptized! We took pictures before and I will attach some of those. President Shin performed the baptism. He had to baptize Sahn 3 times though because he kept saying the prayer wrong. Apparently the prayer was retranslated and he kept saying the old prayer. It was kind of funny and after the baptism when we talked to sahn he asked if president had been joking him by baptizing him 3 times haha. we told him no and explained why he needed to do it multiple times. But before the actual baptism 2 elders talked about baptism and the gift of the holy ghost and then Sister bell played the piano while I played the Violin. We played the childrens song When I Am Baptized. It was sweet. Then he got baptized (3 times) and then he received the gift of the holy ghost there because he wasn't going to be able to come to church because he was going home to see his family. The bishop spoke and so did president shin. Then we had some fruit and brownies after ward. It was really great. When he was receiving the holy ghost I just felt so happy and peaceful. It was so cool to take part in this. I feel so blessed and I'm excited to help him to continue to progress. The baptism was definitely the hightlight of the week.
On tuesday we went out to dinner and we found this place that makes delicious dessert waffles so sister bell and I really enjoyed that :)
On Wednesday we had zone activities and we did lots of practice teaching. On Thursday it was our pday because it was choo seok. We went to the mission home at 2 and helped Sister Shin make mandoo, which are dumplings filled with a bunch of delicious stuff. It was really fun to hang out with sister shin and make food. And then we ate with other missionaries at the mission home. The senior couple had brought some games and we played those until 6 when we went back home and did weekly planning. But it was a fun day!
On Friday we had more practice teaching activities and then we were invited to the bishop's house for dinner that night. His wife made us a choo seok feast! It was delicious!!!! I really like all of the food here. It is super good. She made us the lettuce wraps with meat and a bunch of side dishes.
On Saturday we visited some less actives and taught english class. We had a lesson with sahn about the priesthood with some members so he can start to prepare to get the priesthood.
On Sunday we had dinner at a member's home and it was soooo good! I love this couple. Their son is on a mission in busan korea right now, so they love the missionaries. She has helped with our lessons a lot and her husband is in the bishopric. They are so kind and I love visiting them. After dinner we shared a message with them about enduring to the end and how when we share the gospel with those around us our joy will be full. The wife was tearing up and told us that she really appreciated us and that even though our korean isn't perfect and we are slowly learning, she can feel our love and the love of our message when I teach. It was so good to hear that from her. I love getting to bring the spirit into people's lives and tell them how much heavenly father and jesus christ love them. It's my faovrite thing about being a missionary.
Life is good here! I can't believe September is almost over! Time is flying by! Good luck with all of the wedding plans! I love you all and pray for all of you. Thank you for all of your love and support!
Love
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment