pictures from the hike last p-day!
Hello dear family!!!
So glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Sounds like you are all busy doing great things! Congrats to Greg for selling some of his leather work and for mom selling some of her cards! Congrats to Jessie for being so beautiful :) The pictures I saw looked gorgeous and I can't wait to see more bridals!!!
This was another great and busy week here in Daejeon Korea. On Monday we went hiking as a district in the mountains and it was really fun! we had a good view of the city and it was fun to do a different activity than the usual on pday. I'll send some pictures. It looked a lot like Virginia forests so it reminded me of home and the creek behind our house. On Monday night we had "FHE" with Sahn and the Ashbys (Senior missionaries) We wanted to go to a member's house but no one was available so we did it with the ashbys at the church. It was really fun though. We reviewed the commandments and played the flour game. Then we brought ice cream to eat because we all know that fhe is not complete without a treat haha.
We have been trying to meet with members a lot more now. President started a new program where we visit members and teach them for 20 minutes so that we can get more practice teaching. I really like doing these visits because I can get to know the members better and they can see that we are trying and actually capable of teaching and speaking in Korean. Then they will be more likely to give us referrals and hopefully catch the missionary spirit. So we did some of those member visits this week. We are still meeting with Sahn about every other day to review the lessons and teach lesson 5 and rad the scriptures with him. He is doing well. He is just such an awesome kid and such an inspiration and example of faith in changing his life. I'm so happy that I know him.
On Thursday we met a new investigator and he was hilarious. He is kind of an awkward kid and he would always say, "frankly speaking" whenever he started a sentence in english. And he kept saying wow you guys are so beautiful and kind and have such a good heart. He was shocked to learn that we don't have boyfriends haha. he told us that we were like movie stars. It was a super funny time. But when we were talking about our purpose and who God is and how we can prayer he was really interested and liked our message. He came to an activity that we had on Saturday and he really liked that too. We'll see what happens with him though haha. Also another funny story from that day: We were walking down this street right by the college and we noticed this boy kept looking at us. So we kept walking down this other street and from the corner of our eye we could tell that he was following us. We slowed down so he could talk to us if he wanted to, but he slowed down too. (he is college age) We crossed the street and then he crossed and we stopped at a bus stop and then he stopped at the bus stop. Finally we just said hello to him and he said hello and that he saw us and he wants a foreign friend. haha. we explained that we were missionaries, but we love meeting with people and teaching them english and about our church so we got his number to maybe meet him later. It was super funny. People just love having foreign friends here haha.
On Friday we met a new investigator and guess what...drumroll....IT'S A GIRL!!! Our first girl investigator! I can't even tell you how nice it was to not have to worry about having another adult woman coming to our lesson. And this girl is actually interested in our church! She saw an english ad and called, but she wanted to learn about our church. miracle! So we have met her twice and taught her the whole first lesson. She understands everything and she is going to pray about the BOM and Joseph Smith. We invited her to be baptized on October 19th and she said yes at first, but then she decided she wanted to pray about that too to see if it is right. WE'RE EXCITED!! This girl is awesome. She is 31 years old and super nice. She askes really great questions and I'm really excited for her. Great things are going to happen. I can feel it. Pray for her! Her name is Hyun Jeong.
We had a ward fireside and korean barbeque on saturday and it was really great. Sister Bell spoke in church yesterday and I said the closing prayer in sacrament meeting. woot woot. I am super happy and just so grateful for this opportunity! I love and miss you all greatly! I'm sad I am missing Jessie's wedding, but I know I am where I am supposed to be. Thank you for all of your love and support!!!!!
Love you all!
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment