We had another great week here...to be honest I'm having a hard time remembering what happened this week right now. Everything blends together a lot. haha
This week we did a lot of member visits with President's new 20 minute member visit focus. I really love doing these visits because we get to teach and just talk about the gospel and get to know the members better for 20 minutes. We had lunch with this lady that likes to take the missionaries out and she told us all about her experiences as a missionary when she went on a mission 10 years ago. It was funny though because after we ate a HUGE meal of meat and rice and stuff she got us ice cream from mcdonalds and then she got us donuts at krispey kreme (who knew that korea would have krispey kreme?) we were stuffed to say the least. haha.
On Thursday there was a fun stake activity that we went to. It was a sports day that all of the wards participated in. Sahn came as well and he is super good at sports so it was a great way for him to get involved in the ward and stake. It was so fun to see all of the members outside of church playing sports and having a good time together. The women mainly cheer for the men, except they had a womens relay race around the track. In our ward there are hardly any youth so they had me participate in the race and represent the samsung ward. It was super fun!
This week we continued to meet with hyun jeong (the girl) and it is going so great with her! She is awesome! She really likes our message and is preparing for baptism. We don't have a specific date for her yet because she just wants to make sure she is ready for herself when she gets baptized because she realizes it is a big commitment. I love teacher her though!
We met with ho chor this week and it was good to see him again since we haven't met with him for a couple of weeks. He just kept talking about how he wants to find his purpose in this life so we have been teaching him the plan of salvation and how this life is a time for us to prepare to meet God. He is so ready for this gospel! It's awesome! I'm excited for him to slowly accept the gospel message and see how it will make his life so much happier and he will have purpose to his life!
On Sunday during testimony meeting one of the members got up and bore her testimony about how she has loved working with us (the missionaries) and she said that she loves sister bell and sister livingston! It was a tender mercy to hear a member talk about how helping us in our lessons has blessed her life! We had dinner with a family in our ward last night and they invited some youth over that aren't members and we taught them a lesson about prayer. It was really good, especially since we weren't expecting to teach them. Everyday I feel so blessed to get to share the happy message of the atonement. And everyday I am amazed that I can speak Korean!! who would have ever guessed?!
I will be thinking a lot about all of you this week! Congrats to Jessie and Mark!! I love you both! So happy for you!!! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding next week! FAMILIES ARE FOREVER :)
Love you all!!
Sister Livingston
No comments:
Post a Comment