Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 22


goodby samsung ward!




last fhe




sister seong hee




goodbye cake





ice cream with seong hee




my favorite members!




Sister Heo (getting baptized on saturday)



My new companion sister Park



Hello family!!!
 
So I am now emailing you from Gwang ju! I transfered on Thursday. It was super hard for me to transfer because I had grown to love that area and those people so much, but I'm ready to love some more people :) I'll tell you about my last days in daejeon and then what we've been up to here now...
 
So on Monday we had our last FHE with sahn and the Ashbys. Sahn was super sad to find out that I was being transferred. We reviewd lesson 3 with him and talked about the importance of doing the "little things" like prayer and scriptures on a daily basis. It was fun! On Tuesday we had our last district meeting before transfers. It was really good. Elder Jensen has been such an aweome district leader. I have learned a lot from him. All of the people getting transferred bore their testimonies, so I bore mine. It was a good meeting. We had a lesson with Sister Seong Hee and she comitted to be baptized!!!!!!!!! We reviewed her reading of 2 nephi 31 and we talked about what baptism is and invited her to be baptized on November 23rd and she said yes! It was so awesome!!! She said that her family has a relgion, but she has never felt the desire to go, but when she meets wit us she feel really good. SO COOL!! I'm super excited for her. I want to go back for her baptism too...we'll see. But after that Sahn threw me and Elder Wager a mini surprise going away party in the church. He bought us a cake and we ate it together. It was fun. He is soooo sad that some of us were being transferred. Then we went and visited a member to say goodbye. She had helped us a lot with lessons and I had grown close to her. I shared a favorite verse and my testimony as a farwell lesson. On Wedneday we did the greenie street contacting activity and then we had a lesson with this lady...it was a weird lesson. We won't be meeting with her again, but she will keep coming to english class probably haha. We had dinner with Sister seong hee as a last farwell before I left. It was super fun. She is a cutie and I'm exxcited to hear about how she progresses. Then we visited some more members for me to say goodbye before being transferred. It's weird to think that I probably will not see these people again...sad.
Thursday was transfer day! I shipped my luggage through the postal service...it's super cheap here. it cost like 13 dollars to ship my 2 bug suitcases and they delivered it to my new apartment. I took the train to gwang ju with some other sisters and met my new companion in my area. The train took about 2 hours. Sister Park is so awesom and I love her! She is super kind and patient and we are able to communicate pretty well with each other. With the mix of our language skills we are always able to get our point across. We are both still learning a lot about how to do missionary work. We were both greenies just last transfer so it has been hard to all of the sudden be co seniors. We are learning a lot! This area is definitely different than my last. It's not has big of a city so  there are maybe less people and if has just a different feel. The ward is super nice! I really enjoyed meeting them yesterday. I had to introduce myself and bear my testimony during sacrament meeting, which was scary, but everyone was so nice and told me that I was very good at Korean. We both don't know this area very well, so we don't know exactly what to do. We are trying to visit members and meet with investigators and find new ones. Please pray for us :) Today we went bowling for pday it was fun. I love you all! Thanks for your love and support!!! Keep up the good work!
 
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment