Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 20

Hello family!!!

First of all, CONGRATS TO THE NEW JESSIE AND MARK BROWN!! So happy for you both! It sounds and looks like it was a perfect day. Everyone looked really great and happy in the photos that I saw. Yay for families!!  I need Mark's email so I can add him to the family email list haha I also loved the cut out of me haha. it turned out well! It looks like I was there the whole time just constantly peace signing like normal ;)

This was another great week, as usual. We had lessons with sister hyun jeong this week and they have all gone really well. We are still trying to set up a firm baptism date for her, but she keeps talking about how she needs to start living certain commandments like the word of wisdom and things like that now, so that's great. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation on Monday and that went really well. we also talked about how with prayer we can ask Heavenly Father specific questions and He can answer us with specific answers. She really liked that because she had never thought about asking God questions when she prayed, but she will now. It was a really good lesson! We met with her again on friday and the lesson didn't go as planned, but it was still good. We ended up talking about the 10 commandments. But there were people yelling and fighting outside the church and it was super distracting. finally she was like "I'm going to go outside and tell them that we are trying to worship in here" So she went outside and yelled to them to be quiet because we were trying to worship in here. She came inside and said that they ignored her because they were yelling too loud...it was funny haha. But she came to the saturday morning session of general conference!!!!! YAY!!!! we were soooo happy about that! And she liked it. So that's great. We are meeting with her again on tuesday and we really want to get a firm baptism date with her. So pray for that please :)

We met with brother ho cheor on thursday and it was such a good lesson!! The member that always comes to his lessons is so awesome! We were talking more about our purpose in life and we sang the song I am a Child of God all together in Korean and English and it was so tender. Definitely one of those moments where you look at your life and wonder how you got to that point. Tender mercy. We ended up talking a lot about the importance of church attendance because he hasn't come to church yet and we really wanted him to. She bore a really tender testimony about the promises and blessings of the atonement and it was just awesome! And guess what?! He came to general conference on Saturday morning too!!! MIRACLE!! We were so excited! General conference is the best!!!!!!! So we had two investigators come to church this week...that is a huge miracle here! hopefully they will continue to come :) 

The rest of this week was good. We did splits so I went to a different area and was with Sister Stradling. It was fun to see a different area and how another companionship might work. But I am so thankful to have served in the area that I am in now and with Sister Bell. We have had some incredible experiences together. Next week is transfers and we are almost positive that sister Bell or I will get transferred...we are sad about it because we love working together so much. But it will all work out :)

We got to watch conference on Saturday and Sunday and it was so wonderful! I felt like there were a lot of talks about member missionary work and keeping our covenants. super good. I want to echo what they said and invite you all to pray about one person that you can help bring closer to Christ by Christmas. I know that if you do that you will feel an increased amount of the Savior's love in your own life and you will be so happy! There really is no happier work than missionary work! 

I love you all!! Thank you for your love and support! I'm so thankful for this opportunity and I know that through God's plan we can be soooooo happy in this life and the life to come. 

Keep up all the good work!

Love,
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment