Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week 21

I finally made the cookies!!! they were delicious...thank you!!



We had lunch with Nikii on wednesday. She is a less active member in the ward




This is us with Brother Ho (investigator) and Sister gwong (member) 



from the stake activity





Hello dear family!!!

The big news of today is transfers!!! We got out transfer call this morning and I am being transferred to Gwang ju, and I will be serving in the nong seong ward with Sister Park. Sister Bell will be staying here in samsung and will be training a greenie again. I'm excited! It doesn't really seem real yet. I'm definitely sad to be leaving Sister Bell because she has been such an awesome companion and we work super well together. I am also sad to be leaving our awesome investigators!! that's probably the saddest part. I've come to really love and care so much about them it's hard to imagine not being able to teach them anymore and maybe never seeing them again...but there will be more people that are ready and I am meant to meet in other areas. I'm excited and nervous about having a korean companion because I know that there will be some challenges just with communication, but I know this sister because we were in the MTC at the same time and came to korea at the same time and she is super nice. It will definitely be a growing experience for me. Please pray for me though :)

But this week was another great week here!!! We were busy with lots of appointments and people are progressing! So happy!!!

We met with Sister gwon on tuesday and sunday this week. She is 22 years old and wants help learning english, but she has been really accepting of our message so far. We taught her the full first lesson yesterday and she said that she would pray about the BOM and our message. we are excited! I asked her how she felt or what she thought when she read the intro to the bom and she said "I am a child of god." It was so cute! and so true!! I loved it. We are meeting her again on tuesday so we will invite her to be baptized then...hopefully that goes well :)

Sister Heo came to church again on Sunday!!!! YAY!!!! She said that she liked it too, which is great. We met with her on Wednesday this week and taught her the third lesson. She committed to a baptism date!!!!!! She is scheduled to be baptized on the 29th of this month! next tuesday!!! We are sooooo excited!!! We are meeting her on Wednesday this week to teach her more about the commandments and if all goes to plan she will be baptized next week. I will hopefully be able to travel back to daejeon to see her baptism since I will have transferred by then. 

Brother Ho is doing well. We reviewed the Plan of Salvation with him and it was going super well until at the end he refused to pray...it was kind of awkward. But we asked him to pray later that night when he was at home. He said he would. We also invited him to read Alma 34 about his purpose in this life. We just really want him to come to church!! 

We met with Sahn a couple of times this week and he is doing so well! He told us that he really wants to go on a mission next year!! AHHHHH!! so cool! he met with president shin and they talked about how he can start to prepare to be able to serve in a year. We had a really tender lesson talking about missionary work and how sister bell and I felt about missionary work and coming to korea. it was good. He is preparing to get the priesthood, which is great. We taught him about the temple so he can prepare to go do baptisms for the dead. I'm just so excited for Sahn to keep progressing in the gospel. I see so many great things ahead for him. So grateful to be a part of it. It will be sad to say goodbye to him. We are having FHE with him tonight and the senior couple missionaries, so that will be fun :)

We met some new investigators this week and the stake had an awesome women's conference thing that we went to. All of the wards prepared a dance or skits or songs that they performed. It was hilarious and awesome. Our ward did different skits of famous stories like romeo and juliet or snow white. It was super fun to watch! 

Life is great here! I can't believe that it is almost November! I've been in Korea for almost 3 months now and I'll be hitting my 6 month mission mark next month...time is flying! I love you all!! So glad that all of you are doing well. So happy and proud of you all! Thank you for your love and prayers! I can feel them. Keep them coming :)

Love you!!
Sis Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment