Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week 34


Hello family dear!
 
It's been another great week here in Korea :) We met some new investigators that I am really excited about! I really really hope that they will be able to progress and accept the gospel because I know that it will bless them so much and I know it's what they are looking for.
 
So there is kim ju eon and she is 20 years old. I talked a little bit about her last email. But she is AWESOME!!! I love her so much. We met with her on Tuesday, wednesday, saturday and sunday...so cool. She came to church again and loved it again. She loves that she has friends here in the church and this is what she has been looking for. She has had kind of a hard life and the gospel offers all that she wants. She honestly just wants to have a happy family and she wants a new start to her life. Luckily those are things that the gospel of Jesus Christ was made for :) Last night we went to a member's house and did family home evening with her and the family. It was super fun and the member, an me sook, was able to share about her conversion story and it was perfect. She doesn't have a baptismal date yet, but she says that she wants to be baptized and to diligently keep coming to church. how cool is that?! She is definitely one of those prepared people that I feel so honored and happy to have met. We taught her the first lesson and she said that she thought that it made sense and she believes it. I pray that she will continue to progress and find the true happiness that she is looking for in the gospel. Today we hung out with her and a member who is the same age as her and it was way fun. we got ice cream together and took pictures. I'm really excited for her. Keep her in your prayers!!
 
This week we also met a mother (me oak) and daughter (ga hay) that wanted to learn english together. They are like 50 and 30 years old. They are super super nice and the attend the catholic church, but they have a really open mind and have been really accepting of our message so far. When I first met them I felt like I had already known them before....I really really hope that they will be able to accept the gospel. We teach them on thursdays and fridays. The mother already knew a lot of good things about our church somehow and they are excited to read the book of mormon! It has been really exciting to meet these new people that have so much potential to grow in the gospel. I pray that they will be able to accept it because I know how happy it will make them. I  am excited to keep teaching them :)
 
Our other investigators are doing well, a lot of the people that we usually meet couldn't meet this week, but they are still doing well. Choi pa da (the girl with the baptismal date) went out of town this week, but we had dinner with her and members last week and it was good. They were all really excited for her baptism, so I think it will really happen. The date might have to change, but it should happen this transfer.
 
I'm so happy to be serving the Lord in Korea...it truly is such a once in a lifetime experience and I have met so many people that I love dearly. Thank you for all of your love and support!!! you all are the BEST!!!!! Keep up the good work! as we would say in korea...화이팅!!!!!!! (sounds like whiting, but is supposed to be like fighting and means keep it up!!!!)
 
Love
Sis Liv
 
p.s. funny moments from the week: so we were walking to try and find an apartment where a previous investigator lived and we were walking along this path along the highway and then all of the sudden the path ended up leading us onto the highway....ahhhh!!! all of the sudden cars were driving toward us. im sure it looked ridiculous to have these two girls walking on the highway. We quickly made it safely back  to the path though hehe
 
also right after that we were waiting at a bus stop and then a man walked up to me and just took out a pen and started writing on a piece of paper that I was holding without saying anything to me. He wrote his name and number and then said that he met the missionaries last year to learn english and wanted to start meeting again and then he gave us his picture that he had in his wallet and told us that the elders would remember his picture. So now I have a bunch of these little pictures of this random man haha it was funny.
 
Life is full of little funny moments like that...it's great. Love you all!!!!!
 
pps I want to send you pictures but the computers keep not having a place for my memory card...sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment