Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 35


this is what we do when we don't have any appointments---we put up fliers for free english and meeting with us:

this is what korea looks like sometimes

me with kim ju eon


soup that i made with my companion :)



Hello family!!!!
 
You all sound great! glad that everyone is happy, safe and healthy despite the extreme cold that's been hitting the US. I'm thankful that it hasn't been too cold here in Korea. Also thankful for all of the warm layers that I can wear the stay warm haha
 
I had another great week here. We had a combined district meeting this week and it was super great. I learned things and felt the spirit in the exact ways that I needed to to help me carry on the missionary work. The spirit is the best :)
 
This week we continued to meet with our investigators and kim ju eon is still doing well. She came to church again on Sunday and loved it as always. She had a little bit of a hard week with friends and stuff, but she finds a lot of peace and comfort from meeting with us and coming to church. She always talks about how she wants to feel clean again, so the gospel is exactly what she is looking for! She is a talker so sometimes it is hard to focus during lessons, but we are meeting again with her on Tuesday and hopefully will be able to set a baptismal date for her and teach her more about the plan of salvation. keep her in your prayers!
 
This week one of our ward members that always helped us in lessons and would invite us over and things like that moved to a different ward so we are sad about that! She was always so great to introduce to investigators because she would invite them over and share her testimony so well. Her name is an me sook and we will definitely miss her!! we went to her house this week to say goodbye and give her some brownies and notes that we wrote to her.
 
Also, one of our favorite investigators sin dong hyeon told us that she is moving to seol for three months to live with her mom so we are sad about that...but there was a little tender mercy that came along with the sad news. She has always had a job on sundays so she could never come to church, but she is quitting her job to move and one of the first things she told us is that she can come to church now and she was really excited about it! I hope that she will meet with missionaries still and seol and continue to progress and then when she comes back to gwang ju we can meet again :)
 
Other than that, nothing really new happened this week...life is great and I just want to work hard and be the missionary and persone that our Savior wants me to be :) This week when I was studying something that really stuck out to me was a talk that Elder Nelson gave in 2011 fen conference. He said that the greatest compliment one can receive is to be known as a covenant keeper. I've been thinking a lot about that recently. I want to be known as a covenant keeper. I hope that you all will remember the covenants that you have made with our heavenly Father and He will bless you!!!
 
Love you all! thanks for being the best family!
 
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment