Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 36






최바다s baptism pictures. Elder Walker baptized her. :)



Hello family dear!
 
We had a great week here in Korea! We got to celebrate the new year here, which consisted in us eating a lot of delicious food :) That's so fun that you ate the dukk guk! I ate that too on friday! I love that we are so connected :)
 
The big news this week is that Choi Pa Da got baptized on sunday!!!!! she is a referral from our stake president and it turned out that she is best friends with one of the girls in our ward. she is 20 years old and she is definitely one of those people that was just prepared to accept this message and be baptized. I felt like she already knew everything as we were teaching her. She has attended other Christian churches in her life, but when she first came to our church in Novemeber she felt something different and really liked how we worshipped and what we believed. She has been super busy with school so it was hard to meet with her often to teach her the lessons, but we met a lot in january and she quickly accepted the message and a baptismal date for february 2nd. We met a lot this week to finish teaching all of the commandments so she could get baptized on Sunday. She was really anxious to get baptized then. Yesterday the baptismal service turned out really great! Her friend bore her testimony and it was really cool to hear her talk about how through attending the lessons with her friend her own testimony was strengthened and she became more dedicated to Christ. Missionary work is definitely not just for investigators...we are all on the path of conversion and as we particiapte in missionary work our own testimonies will be strengthened. I know that's true. The missionaries sang I Feel My Savior's Love and it was really sweet. Sister Park and I were really happy!!!! Another miracle yesterday was that 5 of our investigators came to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was so awesome! And ju eon stayed for the baptism and after we had a lesson and she asked when she could get baptized....YAY!! so we have a date set for her for the 23rd of february. It is so cool to work with these people that the Lord has prepared to hear and accept His gospel. I have been feeling so blessed lately. So so grateful!
 
To celebrate the new year we went to the relief society president's house and she fed us the traditional dukk guk. When you eat that soup you turn a year older in korean tradition. In Korea I am now 23 years old. They count age different here, so I am feeling really old....even though I really am only 21 in America haha. We also were invited over to our investigator's house on Saturday night and they fed us a delicious feast. I will attach a picture of the meal. I ate this octopus soup that was actually incredibly delicious! I was surprised that I would like octopus soup, but it was way good. We watched a general conference talk with them and talked about the blessing of the gospel and listening to prophets for our families...it was really good. They live way out in the country, so it was cool to see a different part of korea too. We also had dinner with different members on Friday night, so we are definitely feeling loved and well taken care of right now :) Also my companion got to skype her family on friday so I got to meet them over skype! it was fun! they are a very cute family!!
 
I am very happy and feeling oh so very grateful! so grateful for my family and friends and the wonderful people I am able to meet here in Korea. They will be friends for life! So cool. The Lord is so kind and blesses us each with personal experiences for our growth and benefit. I am thankful for that knowledge.
 
Love you all so much!!! Keep up the great work!
Love
Sister Livingston
 
p.s. CONGRATS again to Alissa!!! So happy for you and love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment