me, ju eon, Sister Park, lock he (less active)
before ju eon's baptism!!!!
Hi family!!!!!
I have some big news this week...It is transfers this week and we are getting switched up here in nongseong. My lovely companion Sister Park will be leaving and going to yooseong ward in daejeon. I will be staying here gwangju in the nongseong ward and my new companion is another korean, Sister Lee and I will become Senior companion. I already know sister lee a little bit. I have met her a few times and she seems really nice, so I think it will be great. I am feeling a little nervous/overwhelmed/very humble right now with the task of becoming senior with a korean companion. But I can do it right?! The Lord must think so, so I will try my best. Keep the prayers coming though ;)
Other big news is the ju eon got baptized on Thursday and it was a beautiful baptism!!! Definitely a very special day for all who attended. We had dinner with her before the baptism and then helped her get all ready. It was really sweet to see the ward members come out for the baptism even though it was on a thursday night. It is usually hard for members to do things like that not on a sunday because they are so busy and all work, but lots of people came to show love and support for ju eon. She definitely felt the love and was so grateful that people came to support her. At the service, one of the members that helped with the lessons and became friends with ju eon bore her testimony and then ju eon introduced herself and bore a little testimony...it was the most tender thing! she was soooooo nervous about having to go up in front of everyone to talk, but she did such a good job. She started to cry when she was thanking everyone for coming to support her. She said that she felt loved and clean when she came to church so she was so thankful for everyone that helped her and she plans to continue to diligently come to church. Everyone there could feel the spirit. So tender. Then she got baptized. Elder Walker baptized her. He was the first person that talked to her when she called to learn english. He said that the first time she called and after he talked to her he told his companion that he felt like he was going to baptize that girl...and it came true! she got baptized! definitely prepared by the Lord. She received the gift of the holy ghost on sunday andy just looked so happy! everyone told her that since being baptized her face has become more filled with light! So cool!
I am excited to send you pics from the baptism! This week we have also started working with a less active member and she came to ju eon's baptism and came to church on sunday. ju eon and the less active immediately became really good friends so they are helping ieach other. It's way cool!
I am feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for the past 3 transfers that Sister Park and I have had together. They were really hard, but they were also very rewarding. I know that the Lord will continue to bless us with opportunities to grow and progress, even though it hurts sometimes ;)
I love you all and am thankful for you!!! Hope have a happy beginning of March!!!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
p.s. I cut my hair!!!!!!! It was just too long...so I got a lot cut off. It was only 4 bucks! woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment