Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 38


Hello family!!!
Time is seriously flying by...it was another busy and fast week here. Can you believe that next week is transfers again?! I can't!! I also can't believe that when this transfer ends I will have been out for 9 months...7 months in Korea...so crazy!! recently I've been having this moments where it will hit me all of the sudden that one year ago I got my call to Korea and I was beyond schocked and couldn't really believe that I would actually be doing this, but now I am in Korea and speaking Korean and doing it...so surreal and so cool! So thankful for this opportunity! Also Jessie informed me that the next winter olympics are going to be in Korea so I just made a new goal...come back to Korea to watch the olympics...who's with me?! let's all go haha!
This week we spent a lot of time with kim ju eon teaching her the commandments to prepare her for baptism. Probably the highlight of the week was on valentines day, friday night. We got dinner with her and then we went to her home to teach her some more of the commandments. Then we were talking about her baptism date and she all of the sudden got so excited and happy and wanted to change the date to the 20th because the first time she came to  our church to meet the missionaries was on a Thursday and this thursday is her birthday according to the lunar calendar or something like that. how cute is that?! So Ju eon is getting baptized on Thursday!!!! she got so excited and was jumping up and down and just beaming! it was so cute to see. So we finalized the things we needed to teach her and she met the bishop on Sunday and she is just to happy. She said the closing prayer and it was so sweet to her tell her Heavenly Father that she is getting baptized on Thursday and she was so happy and thankful to Him for giving her this opportunity. Definitely a tender moment. She walked us home and we were all linked arm in arm together...one of those moments I'll never forget :)
Othe rinvestigators are doing well. This week we finally got to visit Beth again. We haven't been able to visit her for a while and it was really good to meet with her again. we had a sweet lesson with her yesterday and we are planning to meet more often through out the week so that is good. Last night some members invited us over for dinner and we took ju eon with us and it was really great. She loves connecting with all of the members so that is great.
I love you all and am thankful for your examples, love and support. Keep it up! So thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and especially for the opportunity to read the scriptures and pray each day. I hope you all have a great week!!!!
Love
Sister Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment