at her going away "party"
with kim ju eon
Hi family!!!
This week seemed to fly by!!! I don't even remember what happened...we met with our investigators as usual. They are all doing really well!!
kim ju eon is still preparing to be baptized on the 23rd! we met with her 3 times this week to continue teaching the lessons and prepare her for that date. It was really fun yesterday because we went to her home and made dinner together and then taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ. She just needs to learn about all of the commandments now. I have some fun pics to send from last night when we were all together. She lives by herself, so she loved having the company. She really is such a special girl and it is so happy to see how the gospel has provided so many things for her already. She has found friends, family and faith through coming to church. the gospel changes lives!!! so cool to be a part of.
This was our last week meeting with shin dong hyeon. We have been meeting with her since november and we love her! she is 22 years old and she first just had english interest, but as we taught her the lessons she really loved our church and message and the book of mormon. eventually we didn't even do english anymore, just talked about the gospel. She came to church last week, which was awesome! but she is moving to seol for a few months to help take care of her mom who is sick. So we had a little goodbye party for her on friday night. we made covers for our book of mormon together. she says that she wants to meet with missionaries again and continue to come to church in seol if she has time and for sure when she comes back to gwang ju. she'll be one of those life long friends :)
Those were probably the most exciting things that happened this week. We had a fun english activity/class with all the missionaries in our ward on saturday night and a lotof our investigators came, so that was great!
This week is valentines day, so I hope that your weeks are all filled with a little more love :) especially I hope that Gregory Scott has a very happy birthday!!!
I'm so thankful for the opportunity to spend time with my korean family for this time as a missionary. I know that this is the Lord's work and I am so thankful that as I serve others I get to come closer to my Savior as well. His atonement is real and we can have the opportunity to progress and change because of it. So grateful. Love you all!!!
Love
Sister Livingston
love you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment